PDA

View Full Version : Voicemail Suggestion: email only, not stored

msturtz
03-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi--

I've gotten several voicemails after setting up my service, and even though they come via email, they're still activating the MWI and staying on the web portal...

SUGGESTION: The system should at least de-activate the MWI once the voicemail message has left the server-farm via SMTP. This means it'll be activated for a short period, and then deactivated (it also means if the email bounces for some reason, the MWI will stay active).

My previous provider did this... You'd see the light flash for a few seconds, then turn back off. They either stored it online (accessibe via their portal OR the phone) *OR* send via email, and then totally remove it from their system. You should have check-boxes to select what the user actually wants to keep it online or just email or both...

-Matt-

Brody
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I second this one - I check all my voicemail via email (a feature I love), but find myself constantly signing into vPanel just to delete the voicemails so the MWI stops blinking. This option to auto-delete after emailing would be great!