PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request Thread

Montano
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Now that things have calmed down, I figured we can start a thread letting Tim know what crazy ideas we would like to see Voipo offer. Here's my list:

Music on hold
Email voicemail messages to multiple addresses
SMS notification to multiple addresses
Simplified voicemail login for virtual numbers
Better messages for blacklist/disconnected/etc.... (current messages are hard to understand)

I'm sure I'll think of more but it's a start :)

zcnkac
03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Distinctive ring for virtual numbers (or some other way of recognizing virtual number on my asterisk box).

Edit: This feature exists. The "To URI (User)" SIP header will contain the virtual number.

TomP
03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Call Screening. See my earlier post (http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1243).

eagle 1
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Distinctive ring for virtual numbers (or some other way of recognizing virtual number on my asterisk box).

You should be able to send your virtual number to another extension or voicemail on your asterisk box. It works on the windows version (3CX).

I guess this specific post should be moved to the byod forum threads

eagle 1
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Add the ability to use more than 1 account on vpanel would be a usefull feature for those of us with more than 1 line subscribed.

stenger
03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Assuming you aren't talking about something different I get voicemails sent to 2 separate emails right now. I just put a comma between the 2 I listed in the panel and it works great.

usa2k
03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Add the ability to use more than 1 account on vPanel would be a useful feature for those of us with more than 1 line subscribed.
AMEN!

And some text to permit the post to post ...

FireWERX
03-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Call Hunt / Follow-me

zevin
03-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Add the ability to use more than 1 account on vpanel... for those of us with more than 1 line subscribed.

I'll join the choir on this one...http://fc12.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/279/8/1/_sing__by_darkmoon3636.gif

rollinns
03-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm new so maybe someone can guide me to the feature if it exists but...

1. I'd like the ability to save multiple voice-mail greetings, and name them with the VPanel, then I could quickly choose between them.
Example Greeting1: Please leave a message a the beep.
Greeting2: If this is urgent please call my cell at...
I'd like to be able to rename/relabel them so I didn't have to listen to them to know which is which. As for Greeting2 sometimes I don't want to use call forwarding.

2. I'd also like to be able to choose that certain people dialing in would hear one greeting while everyone else hears another.
Example: If people involved in a certain event (i.e. - bowling) called me to check the status to see if the league bowling night is canceled, people with a phone number in that group could hear a message with details on saying it was canceled due to lack of bowlers that night, while numbers not in that group would hear a regular greeting.

As for request number 2, this would be very useful for businesses canceling workdays due to snow and/or ice.

I hope the explanations of these make sense.

Thank you for listening to your customers and making some of their dream features become reality.

Rollinns

mrkarron
05-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Hello,

As I have two lines, it would be nice to have a call hunt / busy transfer to the second line if the first line is busy.

mrkarron

VOIPoDylan
05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Do you have 2 adapters or 1?
Both lines should ring simultaneously when the device receives an incoming call.

Ofcourse, Simul Ring is another option for you. It's still in Beta but works.

burris
05-25-2009, 01:16 PM
If he only has one adapter, how will Simul Ring help?

VOIPoDylan
05-26-2009, 04:05 AM

This would not work on one adapter. Simultaneous Ring will work if he has 2 adapters/accounts or is on the road and not able to answer on Line 1/2.

ropeguru
05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Virtual Number selection:

Change the way available virtual nubers are displayed for initial selection. Example, I am in the 954 area code and when I choose "Hollywood" there are no numbers available so I have to manually go through every other location to see if there are even any 954 numbers available.

Change the display to a drop down for state and area code but then display a complete list of numbers available in a list format with the city names beside them and use a check box to select wanted number.

I had to go through 9 different cities just to find out that there were no 954 numbers even available.

Or even easier, at least show each city and the quantity of numbers available for that city. That way it is a quick look to see if anything is even available.

fisamo
05-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Virtual Number selection:

Or even easier, at least show each city and the quantity of numbers available for that city. That way it is a quick look to see if anything is even available.

Agreed--that would be a nice addition. It almost seems as if the number pool isn't queried until the rate center is selected, though--it might delay the listing of rate centers by a while to collect that info.

ropeguru
05-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Agreed--that would be a nice addition. It almost seems as if the number pool isn't queried until the rate center is selected, though--it might delay the listing of rate centers by a while to collect that info.

I don't think it would take that long provided it was still done by state and area code. So in my case I would see the 9 rate center's name and a 0 beside each one of them for the 954 area code. If there were one that had number I could still just use the drop down to select that rate center to see the actual numbers.

I just went back to look in the 804 area code and had to go through a LOT more drop downs just to see if anything was available.

usa2k
05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
I had to go through 9 different cities just to find out that there were no 954 numbers even available.
There is a good chance a support request might get you the exchange.

What is the exchange? 310-954-xxxx ??

Looks like they would need to get it from Level3.
http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/telco?npa=310&exchange=954

These are alternate exchanges in the same Rate Center.
http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/ratecenter?ratecenter=W%20ANGELES&state=CA
I would bet worst case, VOIPo could LNP a number in 310-954-xxxx.

ropeguru
05-28-2009, 02:17 PM
There is a good chance a support request might get you the exchange.

What is the exchange? 310-954-xxxx ??

Looks like they would need to get it from Level3.
http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/telco?npa=310&exchange=954

These are alternate exchanges in the same Rate Center.
http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/ratecenter?ratecenter=W%20ANGELES&state=CA
I would bet worst case, VOIPo could LNP a number in 310-954-xxxx.

Nope... I need a 954-xxx in the Hollywood, FL rate center or a 804-xxx out of Richmond, VA to be used as a virtual number.

As far as an LNP, it would be a minimal use and I really don't want them wasting the $$ for the port I may not use much.

usa2k
05-28-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/ratecenter?ratecenter=HOLLYWOOD&state=FL

Global Crossing, Paetec, Level3, XO Florida, ...
Looks like a diverse range of companies. Not sure if the few I listed are VOIPO possibilities.
Maybe Tim will respond?

http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/ratecenter?ratecenter=RICHMOND&state=VA

XO Virginia, Level3, ...
Seem likely too.

VOIPoTim
05-28-2009, 04:48 PM
The best thing to do is just contact support and let us know what you're looking for. They can likely add a number instantly for you.

mrkarron
05-28-2009, 07:05 PM

I only have the one adapter for the two lines thus a busy call forward / call hunt would be the ideal answer.

caseydoug
05-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I second the request for some kind of call hunt. It is pretty common to see call forwarding triggered by three conditions: busy, no answer, and always.

Another request is something I have with a different VoIP provider, and that is the ability to create and apply time schedules. The idea is that on one page you create and name various time schedules: e.g., "Class" MWF 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., or "Vacation" May 25-May 29. Then you can use these schedules in connection with other features such as call forwarding, routing, do not disturb, etc.

Together, these features would offer a lot of flexibility and power: e.g., I'll be in a series of meetings and conference calls the week of May 25 between 2:00 and 4:00, but I need calls from a particular group of individuals to reach me on a specific back line, while a different group of individuals get a busy signal.

If these suggestions have been made before, I apologize. I haven't seen them.

mrkarron
05-30-2009, 06:18 PM
With regards to those of us with two or more lines, it would be nice to have one shared voicemail box. All lines on the account would have an option to deposit messages into one mailbox. Its much earier to check one mailbox vs several. This would really come into play with a hunt/busy transfer; if you are on line one and an incoming call is transfered to the second line, and you choose not to answer it, any message would be left in the main 'primary' mailbox (line one). My former VOIP provider had this and it worked out very well.

Ron

fisamo
05-30-2009, 07:33 PM
With regards to those of us with two or more lines, it would be nice to have one shared voicemail box. All lines on the account would have an option to deposit messages into one mailbox. Its much earier to check one mailbox vs several. This would really come into play with a hunt/busy transfer; if you are on line one and an incoming call is transfered to the second line, and you choose not to answer it, any message would be left in the main 'primary' mailbox (line one). My former VOIP provider had this and it worked out very well.

Ron

I was thinking this evening that it would be cool if Express numbers could route calls to the same person's Residential voicemail...

mrkarron
06-02-2009, 06:35 PM
I only have the one adapter for the two lines thus a busy call forward / call hunt would be the ideal answer.

Is 'no answer call forwarding' and 'busy call forwarding' features that may be added in the future? With a teenageer in the house the busy call forwarding to my second line would be most helpful.. ;)

caseydoug
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Is 'no answer call forwarding' and 'busy call forwarding' features that may be added in the future? With a teenageer in the house the busy call forwarding to my second line would be most helpful.. ;)

I just noticed that the PAP2 has user settings for "busy" and "no answer" forwarding. Are these user settings overwritten when the adapter gets provisioned?

Edit: So I tried implementing Do Not Disturb using the PAP2 interface, and it does work. I also rebooted the adapter, and the setting survived. Assuming the adapter is provisioned with each reboot, and that other user settings work the same way as DND, it looks like it is possible to implement a few of the requested features via the adapter.

Having said that, I should note that changing the setting did not change what shows up in vPanel, so this could easily cause a conflict between vPanel and the adapter. Also, both Line 1 and Line 2 must be set in the adapter because of the cloned line. As a practical matter, it's probably better to wait until these features are implemented by VOIPo, but it certainly looks like it is doable.

Edit #2: This did NOT work for call forwarding. Perhaps it worked for DND only in that it went to voicemail as a result of a failover. Back to the drawing boards!

ropeguru
06-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Ability to have a better selection of on hold music. :) :p