PDA

View Full Version : Number Transfer Center

VOIPoTim
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Based on feedback we've received during launch, we've added a new Number Transfer Center which will allow you to track you number transfer/porting status when transferring a number from another provider to VOIPo.

Transfer Status Information

As we progress through the transfer process, the system will update showing the dates for each of the following events:

1) When we receive the paperwork

2) When we accept the paperwork and submit it

3) Estimated transfer completion date

In the event that there's an error or something needs to be resubmitted, it'll also show an error status and explain what needs to be done to correct it.

Some things are manually entered in (such as faxed documents) so there may be up to a 48 hour delay in the information there. If you submit documents, please wait for at least 48 hours for them to be verified and entered.

Notifications

With each status change, you'll get an e-mail notification with the updated information.

If we are waiting on your documents, you'll get a reminder e-mail automatically every other day until the documents are received or the process is canceled.

In the event that the transfer is denied or has an error, you'll also get an e-mail notification for this explaining what information we need to correct it or how to resubmit it.

New Orders

Starting 3/1, new orders with a number transfer are automatically entered into this system. Users will also receive an e-mail with instructions for submitting their transfer paperwork automatically at the time of order.

Checking Your Number Transfer Status

Simply access http://voipo.com/transfers and provide the number being transferred and the e-mail associated with it to check the status.

HelpNYC
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Great work.

Dave_N
03-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi,

I have a port in progress. I tried the app and it said:

Check VOIPo Transfer Status
No porting information found matching email and number entered.

Please contact VOIPo Support for more information.

I've reopened a ticket for requesting porting status. Is my port stuck or is there an issue with the app?

Thanks

TomP
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I have a port in progress. I tried the app and it said:

Check VOIPo Transfer Status
No porting information found matching email and number entered.

Please contact VOIPo Support for more information.

I'm in the same boat and get the same results. I assumed it was because my port was initiated before this app went online.

VOIPoTim
03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
If it's an older port (before 3/1) it likely will not be in there.

With that being said if you do have a pending port that's not complete and it's NOT showing up in there, go ahead and contact support just to verify its status.

Dave_N
03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Just to confirm, it is an older port.

TomP
03-10-2009, 12:14 PM

Same here.

Vumes
03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
My port was completed a couple of months ago, but, the status of Step 3 says its "scheduled" to complete, but doesn't actually tell me its a done deal.

Step #1 - Send Copy of LOA & Bill: Received on 01-05-2009
Step #2 - VOIPo Submits Request: Submitted on 01-05-2009
Step #3 - Port Accepted and Finalized: Scheduled to complete on 01-21-2009

VOIPoJustin
03-10-2009, 06:24 PM
My port was completed a couple of months ago, but, the status of Step 3 says its "scheduled" to complete, but doesn't actually tell me its a done deal.

Step #1 - Send Copy of LOA & Bill: Received on 01-05-2009
Step #2 - VOIPo Submits Request: Submitted on 01-05-2009
Step #3 - Port Accepted and Finalized: Scheduled to complete on 01-21-2009

Yeah, currently Step #3 would read like the above regardless if the date has been passed or not. We'll switch the way this reads around to make it a bit more intuitive if your port has completed.

Dave_N
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM

And for those scoring at home, my port is complete.