PDA

View Full Version : Question about the GS502 and problems

christcorp
03-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Was wondering if any changes have been done with the gs502 from the VoipO side? I've been testing incoming and outgoing calls. Everything is working fine. It's been about a week of uptime rate; both the adapter itself and registered in the vpanel. Now; because of a lot of testing earlier, I never knew how long I stayed up because of all my reboots.

So, is it that voipo hasn't done any changes, reboots, reregs, etc... and the NEXT time they do the gs502 will lock up again? Or, has there been changes and the gs502 has become more compatible with the servers? Thx... Mike....

Montano
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
You just happen to have one that doesn't get too hot and bothered :)

christcorp
03-10-2009, 07:43 PM
The thing is; it USE TO. Thus the reason for the question. There were a number of times when people had problems and had to reboot the ata, that I HAD TO ALSO. But it's been a week now. Not sure if voipo hasn't changed anything (And the adapter only goes FUBAR when a server change is made. Or, if a fix has been done.

usa2k
03-11-2009, 04:24 AM
(Your past re-register issues) That was when they did not have the current DNS servers in its profile.

Seems like you've been away for a while. The register every minute may also be helping ... not sure that is necessary, or if it scales. And a Radius server issue caused a similar looking outtage once.

Now its down to the last 10% out there. I do not seem to be in that group. Apparently your are not in that group. In that 10% I think Tim is seeing 10% he can prove are bad (or 1% of what was out there). There rest could be a myriad of excuses. Tim is replacing the troublemaker devices (or has already). Bottom line is that the PAP2T (so far) seems to have dropped issues in the field even more, so they seem to handle the real world better.

HINDSIGHT: If VOIPo had started with PAP2T, they would have caught Vonage by now! :) :D

burris
03-11-2009, 04:45 AM
I think an issue still remains for those few who do not use routers and must still use a 502.

kevm
03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
For what its worth, I had not experienced registration problems for about a week with my 502. Prior to that, even though it was in front of a d link router, it lost registration constantly and required a reboot. Without real warning, I recieved a pap2t in the mail which I put in place yesterday. It looks like by design the pap2t does need to go behind the router. The pap2t seems to be working fine. Now I guess I have the opportunity to mess with qos settings on my d link router if I am inclined since the pap2t is behind it

Kev

christcorp
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Let me clarify please. I have not been away. I am aware of everything that has been going on. Even after the 1 minute re-registration, there were some people that would still have issues where they wouldn't re-register if VoipO made any changes. I had a few of those. I was probably part of the percentage with a problem.

As Kev said; it's been about a week; and there hasn't been ANY DISCONNECTS and everything is still registered. I was simply wondering if others; like Kev; had noticed that their problems might have gone away. And if so, if tim, justin, etc... had possibly done something new on the server side.

I don't call support for issues. Mainly because even though I am a paying customer, I am still a tester. As such, I prefer to Work on problems and see what affects it. I've experimented with most settings, but there hasn't been a real impact. But for the last week, things have been very stable. Trying to see if other 502 users who HAD issues is noticing anything different? later.... mike.....

Montano
03-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Well, Hectar Hernandez Fernandez Sanchez Guadalupe Martinez Rodriquez III, it appears that hardcoding the DNS servers, and ditching the RADIUS server has solved many of the problems the 502 was having. So hopefully your 502 is back on track.

NY Tel Guy
03-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Well, Hectar Hernandez Fernandez Sanchez Guadalupe Martinez Rodriquez III, it appears that hardcoding the DNS servers, and ditching the RADIUS server has solved many of the problems the 502 was having. So hopefully your 502 is back on track...........;)

usa2k
03-12-2009, 05:08 PM
OK good, I am used to seeing more posts from the famous christcorp :D

I unfortunately lost registration on the 1st port of the HT502 after a 14 day run of bliss. (DQU-493001)

christcorp
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Well I just received the PAP2t in the mail today. So I threw it on. It fired right up without a hitch. Called in and out fine.

Of course DEPRESSION sat in when I couldn't break dial tone on my 1910 country junction phone or 1957 Payphone. But I can still answer the phone, and it's not like I was actually dialing out on them anyway. But I now know for sure that it's the gs502 that was allowing rotary dial and not necessarily voipo. I'll give the pap2t a go and see how it goes. I was up to 8 days without any registration problems with the 502. later.... mike....