PDA

View Full Version : General Problem or just my ATA ?

dbmaven
03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm remote and have no physical access to my ATA.

Went to vPanel to see if I had any voicemails and under devices
:eek:
"You do not currently have any devices registered to our servers!"

sr98user
03-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I am registered. I would make sure the internet connection is up. My internet was down for about 30 minutes due to high wind this morning.

VOIPoTim
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Is this your Grandstream or PAP2?

dbmaven
03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
It's up.

2nd from the bottom.

http://www.dslreports.com/testhistory?view=4&range=86400&open=ec&sort=z&p=2

Some time after 2:41 EDT it re-registered on it's own.

dbmaven
03-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Is this your Grandstream or PAP2?

It's the PAP2T - I left that in place. As noted above - it re-registered sometime around 2:41 EDT. It was unregistered prior to my 1st post and for some period after that > 30 minutes.

I do need to open a ticket - since both Line1 and Line2 are appearing in vPanel on Port 5060 - so something's not quite right, I suspect.

NY Tel Guy
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm remote and have no physical access to my ATA.

Went to vPanel to see if I had any voicemails and under devices
:eek:
"You do not currently have any devices registered to our servers!"
Just noticed mine was also "not registered". Mine is a Grandstream.

VOIPoTim
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Just noticed mine was also "not registered". Mine is a Grandstream.

Have you not gotten your replacement PAP2 yet?

VOIPoTim
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Have you not gotten your replacement PAP2 yet?

Nevermind, I see it's still in transit.

NY Tel Guy
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Nevermind, I see it's still in transit.Ok I was just going to reply to you but you beat me to it. I'll swap it and see what happens.

Actually this worked to my advantage this morning. I knew I had forwarding turned off and said to myself that I'd turn it on when I get to the office.
I forgot but I still got the call I was expecting because the fail over number I had was the same as the number I was supposed to forward to, and since it was not registered, it failed over to my cell.

I just invented "dumbass forwarding"......For people too stupid to remember to forward their important calls. :-)

NY Tel Guy
03-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Have you not gotten your replacement PAP2 yet?PAP2T arrived today. Plugged it in and it actually works better than the Grandstream which I will be sending back Saturday.
Gone is the choppiness on audio and when I call into my cell voice mail, the DTMF tones work.

Interestingly, the Grandstream always showed my public IP when it was registered whereas the Pap2T shows my NAT address a-la 192.168.1.7 etc.
To test it, I unplugged my Fios router and left the power live on the pap2. When I re-established Internet connectivity, the PAp2 registered right away.

So far, so good.

voipinit
03-13-2009, 03:45 AM
To test it, I unplugged my Fios router and left the power live on the pap2. When I re-established Internet connectivity, the PAp2 registered right away.

FYI - the GS will re-register under that condition as well. If WAN is lost, it will re-register upon re-connection automatically. It's the lost registration without a change in WAN status where it sometimes does not re-register.

NY Tel Guy
03-13-2009, 07:24 AM
FYI - the GS will re-register under that condition as well. If WAN is lost, it will re-register upon re-connection automatically. It's the lost registration without a change in WAN status where it sometimes does not re-register.See and mine would not. I would get a new IP address or shut the router off etc. and when it came back - no registration. Bizarre.