PDA

View Full Version : International dialing issues?

bretski
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Does anybody on the forums make international calls? I've had a couple of issues over the last week or so where calls to Europe won't complete. My ticket has been re-opened, but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced problems.

When I dial, calls go straight to fast-busy, or I get a half-ring, then fast-busy. Tried sip, central01, central02; no difference from that perspective...

burris
03-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I know this sounds silly, but have you enabled int calling in the VPanel?

Happened to me early on, that's why I mentioned it.

bretski
03-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Not silly at all.

Yes, I have it enabled, and have dialed this particular number a few times before. I had the same trouble about a week ago, but never found out what the reason was.

Edit: I just tried again, and it rang through this time. Support staff: could this be a routing issue that shows up intermittantly?

VOIPoTim
03-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Edit: I just tried again, and it rang through this time. Support staff: could this be a routing issue that shows up intermittantly?

Can you make some more calls to the problem destinations and let us know how they go? (We don't bill them for you)

We just put our new LCR/routing servers in place (a ton of improvements made) so that could have been it.

bretski
03-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Can you make some more calls to the problem destinations and let us know how they go? (We don't bill them for you)

We just put our new LCR/routing servers in place (a ton of improvements made) so that could have been it.

Thanks, Tim. I'll try again tomorrow morning (when it's afternoon there). I just replied to the ticket via email, BTW. I appreciate your help! :)

ksarpong
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm also having problems with international calls, especially calls to cellular nos. I put in a ticket about an hour ago. Whenever I call either I get a dead silence or the message, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again". I'm especially having problems with calls to country code 233.

bretski
03-14-2009, 12:29 PM
I tried again once this morning, to a different number. It rang OK, but call quality was pretty poor. Had to hang up after less than a minute, due to nasty feedback noise on my end. I experienced a similar noise problem on a domestic call about an hour or so ago. It occurred midway through the call; I was hearing feedback on my own voice, but not the caller's. It went away after about 15 seconds, but figured I should report it anyway.

I may get a chance to try again later (international), but probably not again before tomorrow...

FlaSheridn
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
My wife has made a couple of long international calls, with good quality (unlike with Vonage), to the Ukraine and Canada—which is, technically, a foreign country. Quality had been low on our initial calls, which happened to be domestic, but a couple of responses to our ticket turned that around rapidly, though I filed it on Sunday afternoon

TimW
03-31-2009, 11:13 PM
I make several calls a week to the UK. For the most part, they have connected OK (a little slow, but not bad) and the voice quality has been good to excellent, with no delay/echo on the line.