PDA

View Full Version : Emailed voice pitch higher than original

Brody
03-16-2009, 08:18 AM
This is just an observation, not a complaint. Has anyone noticed that the emailed .wav voicemail is higher pitched than the original? I began to notice that people's voices sounded higher than normal, and investigated. If I listen to it via phone, it's spot on, but via email, it's 1/2 step higher in pitch. (I'm a musician, so I actually recorded myself playing the piano to test my theory, and sure enough, it is!). Again, this is no big deal, and I wonder if it's maybe my computer? I should test it on a different machine to be sure...

burris
03-16-2009, 08:26 AM
This is just an observation, not a complaint. Has anyone noticed that the emailed .wav voicemail is higher pitched than the original? I began to notice that people's voices sounded higher than normal, and investigated. If I listen to it via phone, it's spot on, but via email, it's 1/2 step higher in pitch. (I'm a musician, so I actually recorded myself playing the piano to test my theory, and sure enough, it is!). Again, this is no big deal, and I wonder if it's maybe my computer? I should test it on a different machine to be sure...

Depending on the audio program you use, the pitch can be varied.

NY Tel Guy
03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
(I'm a musician, so I actually recorded myself playing the piano to test my theory, and sure enough, it is!). Again, this is no big deal, and I wonder if it's maybe my computer? I should test it on a different machine to be sure...
So " Slaughter on 10th avenue" actually sounds like its on 11th avenue?

burris
03-16-2009, 11:09 AM
So " Slaughter on 10th avenue" actually sounds like its on 11th avenue?

Inflation alone, would cause that to happen.;)