PDA

View Full Version : Expire column empty in Devices page

sr98user
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
In the vPanel->Features->Devices page, the Expire column is empty. Just wondering if Voipo folks know about. Anybody else see the same issue?

scott2020
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Same here since last night.

VOIPoTim
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
It's intentional. It was causing way too much confusion.

Constantly, people thought their account was expiring. Some tried to renew in a panic, some were very upset since they'd paid for a year and it was expiring in a few minutes, etc.

If that's useful info to you guys, we may be able to put it back with it presented in a different way.

sr98user
03-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Tim,

Its useful only during rare times. A week back, I had some provisioning changes done. That process changed my registration interval to 3600 and I had multiple registrations (more than 2) on my account. And I didn't have inbound working for an hour until the registration aged out.

Not something I really need. I just wanted Voipo to be aware of. It looks like you do.

Montano
03-19-2009, 05:20 AM

Constantly, people thought their account was expiring. Some tried to renew in a panic, some were very upset since they'd paid for a year and it was expiring in a few minutes, etc.

If that's useful info to you guys, we may be able to put it back with it presented in a different way.

All your new Voicewing customers :)

quattrohead
03-19-2009, 05:42 AM
If its something an end user needs to know, they will be able to find it in the ATA, in other words only geeks like us :p

sal
03-19-2009, 01:41 PM

I think different wording should be good. Let's say "re-registering" so it's clear to people.

dswartz
03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
And if you're going to not print the SIP expiration info, how about removing the column heading for it?

scott2020
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Or call it "SIP Registry" or "SIP Info" or something more generic so it is there if people care about it.

Brian
03-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Personally I find the info very useful - although I can see where another title might be better.

usa2k
03-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Call it "Next Sync"

voxabox
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Call it "Next Sync"
I'm ok with that;however, to be user friendly it should reflect (in) the user time zone

fisamo
03-20-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm ok with that;however, to be user friendly it should reflect (in) the user time zone

Or they could have a web developer write some java code for a countdown timer so you don't have to worry about time zones. If you label the column "End of the World" support might get a few interesting calls... :eek: