PDA

View Full Version : OB CIS showing 'Private Number'

Montano
03-22-2009, 07:00 PM
No changes on my end, as I have been out of town since last Friday. OB showed my name/number, and now it shows Private Caller. Just me ?

Edit: Just noticed the title says OB CIS.... should be OB CID :) It's been a long weekend !!

fisamo
03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Does it show your number and "private" as the name, or is your number blocked as well?

Montano
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Actually, what it shows is 'Private Number'. No more, no less :)

sr98user
03-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Its working fine for me. Did you happen to use the Star codes to change anything? Maybe privacy option was enabled. You could try *82 and see if the number shows up.

roehrle
03-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I have been getting the same results. Filled out a ticket and they replied that I should re-boot but that didn't help.It seems to be an intermittent problem. Sometimes the CID shows when I call my cell. Minutes later it will be "Caller Unknown"

VOIPoTim
03-23-2009, 01:31 PM
If intermittent, it could be being stripped upstream especially is connected via peering or something along those lines.

Let us know what areas you're calling and we can verify the routing to resolve for you.

roehrle
03-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm in area code 609. My son lives less than a mile away and he is seeing caller unknown when I call him.

fisamo
03-24-2009, 07:43 PM
This issue gets more interesting to me. I've found that my voipo number may or may not appear, depending on who I call. If I call my mobile phone (Verizon) or my CallVantage line, the number comes through fine. If I call a friend who happens to use Voicepulse, they see Unknown Number.

For those who are seeing this issue, is it truly intermittent, or is it consistently 'unknown' for some numbers but working correctly for other numbers?

roehrle
03-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Apparently my problem was corrected my following Brandon's advice.
I entered *68 and now my CID is appearing on both of my Cells

VOIPoTim
03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Apparently my problem was corrected my following Brandon's advice.
I entered *68 and now my CID is appearing on both of my Cells

Yeah there were a few cases earlier were the PAP2s had intercepted some * codes and enabled permanent CID blocking from the device.

We've disabled the * codes on them now that would conflict.

fisamo
03-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah there were a few cases earlier were the PAP2s had intercepted some * codes and enabled permanent CID blocking from the device.

We've disabled the * codes on them now that would conflict.

It seems that my issue is different than a * code, though. First, I'm connecting by Asterisk. Second, I'm simply dialing the number(s) -- my mobile, then a voicepulse number, and one shows up normally, the other shows up "unknown"... :(