PDA

View Full Version : how does number porting work with cancelling old service?

kevm
03-23-2009, 10:52 AM
ok, I am new at this number porting thing, but I finally got my porting date of 3/19 and it seems to have ported. On 3/20, I got an e mail from ATTcv regarding my request to disconnect service which I assumed was part of the porting process. I believe that my port is complete so I called ATTCV this morning to cancel service. I was told that the request is still in process and that if I cancel, I could lose the number. I was informed that once the entire porting process is complete that I will receive a second e mail from ATTCV and that then the account will be cancelled and that no further billing will occur. I was also told that this could take 15 to 30 days.
Does anyone know the procedure with ATTCV? Was the rep that I spoke to correct? I am so F,n tired of paying both of these companies, I could scream.
If I wanted to pay 2 VOIP bills each month for one line, I would have just kept my land line. It would have been cheaper and less problematic.

Thanks

VOIPoTim
03-23-2009, 12:41 PM
As long as the port has completed, you should be fine to cancel anytime on their end.

I just verified that you're 100% ported as of 3/19.

NY Tel Guy
03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
ok, I am new at this number porting thing, but I finally got my porting date of 3/19 and it seems to have ported. On 3/20, I got an e mail from ATTcv regarding my request to disconnect service which I assumed was part of the porting process. I believe that my port is complete so I called ATTCV this morning to cancel service. I was told that the request is still in process and that if I cancel, I could lose the number. I was informed that once the entire porting process is complete that I will receive a second e mail from ATTCV and that then the account will be cancelled and that no further billing will occur. I was also told that this could take 15 to 30 days.
Does anyone know the procedure with ATTCV? Was the rep that I spoke to correct? I am so F,n tired of paying both of these companies, I could scream.
If I wanted to pay 2 VOIP bills each month for one line, I would have just kept my land line. It would have been cheaper and less problematic.

ThanksCan you access your AT&T Control by Phone local access number and when you try it, does it give you access to the control panel or does it say "Invalid entry, please try again"?

If you get the Invalid entry recording , your account is closed.

kevm
03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
invalid entry recording. Thanks

kevm
03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Invalid entry. Thanks NY tel guy.. And thanks Tim for checking into this and confirming tht the port is 100 percent complete....

NY Tel Guy
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Invalid entry. Thanks NY tel guy.. And thanks Tim for checking into this and confirming tht the port is 100 percent complete....You are welcome.
AT&T does drag it out but they are very good at disconnects, just as good as Tim and Voipo are at ports.:p