PDA

View Full Version : Can't get distintive ring to work

Russell
03-27-2009, 06:30 AM
I've tried 1-5 and 9 and 10 and the rings sound exactly the same as before I made the change. I know my phones do support this because it works fine with my current provider. What am I doing wrong?

sr98user
03-27-2009, 06:32 AM
I have used 2 and it rings different on my phone.

Russell
03-27-2009, 08:32 AM
I have used 2 and it rings different on my phone.
I tried a single phone and moved it back and forth between my VOIPo ATA and my current provider's ATA. Line 1 in both cases. No luck on the VOIPo ATA.

I called support and they suggested I create a ticket so it could be forwarded appropriately - I've done this.

fisamo
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Some phones don't support distinctive ringing. (Generally, those phones are higher end and have several ringtones built into them.) An ultra-basic (e.g. trimline) phone is best for checking if this feature works on your line.

Russell
03-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Some phones don't support distinctive ringing. (Generally, those phones are higher end and have several ringtones built into them.) An ultra-basic (e.g. trimline) phone is best for checking if this feature works on your line.
I know. I'm using an ultra-basic phone and as I mentioned moving that very phone to my current provider causes that phone to support distinctive ring.

fisamo
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
My apologies--I missed that. :(

Russell
03-27-2009, 06:59 PM
My apologies--I missed that. :(
No problem. The effort to help is appreciated. So others may benefit the issue was that since I had a "temporary number" VOIPo's tables had to be fixed to account for it. Great support from Brandon. Issue resolved.