PDA

View Full Version : Static noise during call

sr98user
03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I had a call this evening with static noise on both sides. Other person called back us and it was fine. The first call was an outgoing call.

For the last 3-4 months I had about 5 calls (I am keeping track of it) to the same exchange that was having this problem. But during these outgoing calls, VOIPo end was loud and clear but the far end complained about static noise. If I hangup and call back again, the problem will be gone. My latency with the sip server and the RTP gateway( 64.158.162.71) is around 50-60ms. Most of my outgoing calls are going through this gateway.

Its a small issue but I was wondering if others are noticing this problem.

VOIPoTim
03-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I had a call this evening with static noise on both sides. Other person called back us and it was fine. The first call was an outgoing call.

For the last 3-4 months I had about 5 calls (I am keeping track of it) to the same exchange that was having this problem. But during these outgoing calls, VOIPo end was loud and clear but the far end complained about static noise. If I hangup and call back again, the problem will be gone. My latency with the sip server and the RTP gateway( 64.158.162.71) is around 50-60ms. Most of my outgoing calls are going through this gateway.

Its a small issue but I was wondering if others are noticing this problem.

Open a ticket with the destination numbers. We can change the routing for you.

sr98user
03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I updated my old ticket RSU-616765 which was created for this issue.