PDA

View Full Version : Voicemail issues?

ptrowski
04-02-2009, 07:24 AM
I tried calling the house, it rang the correct number of times, but the voicemail recording did not play and there was dead air. After the dead air for a few seconds it said "goodbye".

Ticket # MWZ-685961

sr98user
04-02-2009, 07:39 AM
I tried calling the house, it rang the correct number of times, but the voicemail recording did not play and there was dead air. After the dead air for a few seconds it said "goodbye".

Ticket # MWZ-685961

I just tried this out.. The outgoing message did not play. Dead air. Then a voice says "Record a message after the tone".

VOIPoTim
04-02-2009, 07:43 AM
I just tried a test call and everything seems fine with this.

You're seeing this when you just don't answer?

ptrowski
04-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes. No one is home at my house right now.

sr98user
04-02-2009, 07:50 AM
You're seeing this when you just don't answer?

Yes. I made a test call from my cell to home phone. I did not answer my home phone. I tried it again. I hear maybe one or two syllables during the outgoing message. Mostly dead air. Then the voice saying to leave a message. I left a message. Got an email about the voicemail. Dialed 123 and it says there is one new message after few second delay (usually it is quick). Voice mail indicator on my phone did not turn on

ptrowski
04-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Tried again, dead air and then just "good" instead of goodbye then it goes to a fast busy.

ptrowski
04-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Odd. I just got a call from my house on my cellphone.

VOIPoTim
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
That was a test call I believe. It looks like when we tried to call to confirm your voicemail had been fixed, it went to failover as no device was registered (typical HT502).

We were able to test another way for you and confirm voicemail is fixed for you.

There was a hung transfer script running from the migration with some voicemail greetings caught in the middle of it.

buckethead
04-02-2009, 08:18 AM
I just tried this out.. The outgoing message did not play. Dead air. Then a voice says "Record a message after the tone".
Same problems for me as well although my message was a short garbled message and then "record a message after the tone".
Ticket - LOQ-441601

VOIPoTim
04-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Same problems for me as well although my message was a short garbled message and then "record a message after the tone".
Ticket - LOQ-441601

Looks like this post crossed with my last one. Can you confirm that it's fixed for you now?

sr98user
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Looks like this post crossed with my last one. Can you confirm that it's fixed for you now?

Its not fixed for me yet.

buckethead
04-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Call a second ago was fine - so assuming fixed per your message. Perfect timing on my call home with your script.

Thanks

ptrowski
04-02-2009, 08:25 AM
That was a test call I believe. It looks like when we tried to call to confirm your voicemail had been fixed, it went to failover as no device was registered (typical HT502).

Doh! It was rebooted this morning and now it is offline. Looks like I need to get a manual timer to reboot it.

sr98user
04-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Just checked again. Looks like everything is back to normal. Outgoing message is played correctly now.

frankd1
04-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm still having the problem (don't think I had the problem this morning though).

As of this moment, when inbound calls roll to vm, there's about 5 seconds of dead air, then it plays the last second or two of my outgoing message, then VM Violet comes in and says "record your message at the tone...".

Ticket # VPD-334093

ptrowski
04-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Still no love this morning. Dead air and then "good". Also I am seeing is the phantom voicemail. I woke up this AM to a VMWI and stutter tone, but no voicemail.

sr98user
04-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Same problem again today. Dead air and then voice asking to leave the message.

ptrowski
04-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I opened the ticket again, supposedly they fixed it and it was doing the same thing. My neuro surgeon called and said that they could not get though to leave a message so they called my wife's cell phone.

frankd1
04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Now, I don't even get the chopped off outgoing message. When incoming calls roll to VM, they just get VM Violet saying "Goodbye", with no option to even leave message.

Come on guys. I'm sure you're working on it, but you need to give us some work in progress reports, in addition to the after the fact recap, when it comes to critical system like VM. Like PTrowski said, he missed an important message, and luckily the Dr had an alternate # to try calling. Had he known VM was down, he could have forwarded the phone, or made some other arrangements.

I know you guys are getting slammed on every side, but keep the communication lines open PLEASE. If we know, we can work around some of the problems you're working on.

ptrowski
04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
My biggest thing was the ticket was closed as fixed. The minute I read that I called from my cell phone and the problem was EXACTLY the same as when I opened the ticket.

frankd1
04-03-2009, 12:41 PM
My biggest thing was the ticket was closed as fixed. The minute I read that I called from my cell phone and the problem was EXACTLY the same as when I opened the ticket.

Yeah, I think the VM testing method they use isn't good. I put in my ticket last night, and got a message back saying they tested it and everything seemed fine (and they closed the ticket). I tested it the minute I got the email from them, and the problem was still there, so I had to reopen the ticket and let them know the problem was still there.

ptrowski
04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Same thing, was told it was fixed again, called from the cell phone and the same issue is still there.
This is getting a bit silly to keep saying it is fixed when it isn't.

ptrowski
04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Tim found the issue, and all is back to normal.

dcurrey
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I noticed similar behavior today. First call dead air. Hung up then the voipo line rang. Second try rang a few times then said "goodbye".

I think this is network latency that they have been having causing this. I didn't bother to put a TT iin. Waited a couple hours and tried again and its working normally.