PDA

View Full Version : Way too many audio dropouts?

ralfaro
04-08-2009, 11:03 AM
The number of audio dropouts I have been getting have really gotten to an unreasonable level and I am wondering if this has anything to do with the migration off of The Planet? It was worse this morning than ever. It doesn't matter if I initiate or receive the call, and what carrier the party on the other end doesn't seem to matter either. The dropouts are on outgoing audio and can last anywhere from a couple of seconds to 15 seconds or so. I can always here the party on the other end but they can not hear me when the dropouts occur. I opened a ticket last night MRC-605662 but thought I would post here to see what others think. My service has been great since I switched to the pap2 and a couple of other issues were cleared up, but these audio dropouts started getting really bad about a week ago or so. This morning it was so bad that I had to complete a couple of calls with my cell phone. Any ideas?

Before someone asks, yes, my ports are forwarded, 5060-5080 and 35000-65000. In addition, I have QOS enabled using the mac address for the pap2t. Anyhow, there was absolutely no heavy activity going on like ftp or torrents, just ThunderBird running, grabbing mail every 5 minutes.

RA

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Rick,

I'm told that your STUN server was still set to The Planet in Dallas which we've been having major latency issues with this past week. More than likely this was the cause.

We've moved your STUN server to the Washington DC node as well.

Let us know if this clears things up for you.

burris
04-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Rick,

I'm told that your STUN server was still set to The Planet in Dallas which we've been having major latency issues with this past week. More than likely this was the cause.

I see on the provisioned config that both of mine are still going to 74.52.58.50

What is the IP for the DC Stun server or are you going to push it out?

However, I haven't had any problems at all.

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I see on the provisioned config that both of mine are still going to 74.52.58.50

What is the IP for the DC Stun server or are you going to push it out?

However, I haven't had any problems at all.

We'll be pushing it out soon, but basically all the SIP servers will also be running STUN as well so the user will be using the one they're registered to. That way it eliminates any external dependencies.

You can use central01.voipwelcome.com or east01.voipwelcome.com.

For provisioned users, this will be pushed out soon.

burris
04-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I have both of my boxes provisioned and they work so well, I'm not fooling with them..

ralfaro
04-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Rick,

It sure looks like that did the trick. I have had several long conversations since Brandon asked me to power cycle with not single dropout. In fact, I think the audio is actually a little better than what it was especially with regard to being almost perfectly full duplex and I don't think it is my imagination either. Thanks much for the quick fix.

RA

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
It sure looks like that did the trick. I have had several long conversations since Brandon asked me to power cycle with not single dropout. In fact, I think the audio is actually a little better than what it was especially with regard to being almost perfectly full duplex and I don't think it is my imagination either. Thanks much for the quick fix.

RA

Yeah I'm not surprised. The new network should deliver much better quality and stability overall.

orum
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Would this cause incoming calls to go "nowhere"? I am having reports from family and friends that they call our number and get no ringing or voicemail.

Dan

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Would this cause incoming calls to go "nowhere"? I am having reports from family and friends that they call our number and get no ringing or voicemail.

Dan

Go ahead and open a support ticket if you see this and we can check it out for you.

ralfaro
04-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Update as of Friday, 04/17/09:
Looks like something broke again as the audio dropouts are back again, along with another issue that was previously fixed as well. Ticket MAX-542997. No response on this as of yet. Everything was working so well too, so not sure what might have happened.

RA

eagle 1
04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I noticed that both my lines register to central01.voipwecome.com, but the stun server still uses zeus or sip.voipwelcome.com... Does that matter? I really am not having too many issues. Ocassional audio issues, but intermittant...nothing big

VOIPoJames
04-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I noticed that both my lines register to central01.voipwecome.com, but the stun server still uses zeus or sip.voipwelcome.com... Does that matter? I really am not having too many issues. Ocassional audio issues, but intermittant...nothing big

If you could PM your phone number or drop a ticket in support I can correct this.

Cheers,
James

eagle 1
04-27-2009, 11:07 AM
If you could PM your phone number or drop a ticket in support I can correct this.

Cheers,
James

Ticket entered CZD-663204

Thanks, Like I said not a big issue, but noticed in this thread that I should move the stun away from the planet, etc

burris
04-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Ticket entered CZD-663204

Thanks, Like I said not a big issue, but noticed in this thread that I should move the stun away from the planet, etc

That is, if you even need STUN...I don't..

NY Tel Guy
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
That is, if you even need STUN...I don't..
By the way, you both look stunning today....;)