PDA

View Full Version : New Number Selection

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 06:45 PM
We've went through and cleaned up the Number Selection process on the order form to reflect all available ratecenters.

Most of them have numbers immediately available to choose from and the areas with available inventory is basically tripled now.

We've also added in the areas without instant availability that we can manually assign and add a number for. These will show as "To Be Assigned".

Finally, we cleaned up the ratecenter names and duplicates.

https://billing.voipo.com/order-res/order2-residential.php

How does this look for everyone?

Brody
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow! The list is huge! Curious, though, that that the same numbers are not available as virtual #'s in vPanel. Are they mutually exclusive? In fact, under vPanel, there isn't a single number available in the 561 area code, while it shows plenty on the order page.

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow! The list is huge! Curious, though, that that the same numbers are not available as virtual #'s in vPanel. Are they mutually exclusive? In fact, under vPanel, there isn't a single number available in the 561 area code, while it shows plenty on the order page.

We'll expand it into virtual numbers soon as well.

NY Tel Guy
04-08-2009, 07:37 PM
We've went through and cleaned up the Number Selection process on the order form to reflect all available ratecenters.

Most of them have numbers immediately available to choose from and the areas with available inventory is basically tripled now.

We've also added in the areas without instant availability that we can manually assign and add a number for. These will show as "To Be Assigned".

Finally, we cleaned up the ratecenter names and duplicates.

https://billing.voipo.com/order-res/order2-residential.php

How does this look for everyone?The 212 and 646 area codes for New York is listed as follows:

New York - (it has 1 phone number in your inventory)
Brooklyn - (has about 30 numbers) but the 212 area code ONLY exists in Manhattan. Get rid of both categories and just make one called Manhattan and that will be accurate. Manhattan = a portion of New York City but New York City has 5 area codes.
Brooklyn is the 718 and 347 area code
Queens = 347 and 718
Bronx & Staten Island =347 and 718
Manhattan = 212 and 646

Brian
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
By the way, I've thought for a while that it might be good to list by city instead of area code. I guess people may know what area code they want, but if a region is split into multiple area codes, as so many are, I personally would rather see all choices within a city.

VOIPoTim
04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
By the way, I've thought for a while that it might be good to list by city instead of area code. I guess people may know what area code they want, but if a region is split into multiple area codes, as so many are, I personally would rather see all choices within a city.

Good point, but the only thing with that though is that most of the city lists would be really huge then.

VOIPoJustin
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
The 212 and 646 area codes for New York is listed as follows:

New York - (it has 1 phone number in your inventory)
Brooklyn - (has about 30 numbers) but the 212 area code ONLY exists in Manhattan. Get rid of both categories and just make one called Manhattan and that will be accurate. Manhattan = a portion of New York City but New York City has 5 area codes.
Brooklyn is the 718 and 347 area code
Queens = 347 and 718
Bronx & Staten Island =347 and 718
Manhattan = 212 and 646

Yeah, "City Names" really references to rate center areas which in this case are NWYRCYZN01 and NWYRCYZN02 (we look up the city translation with an internal database, which in a few minor cases, might not be 100% accurate and up to date with the 'exact' location at the moment).

jandar
04-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Are you adding all area codes?

Florida is missing quite a few, including 904 which is a major one.

VOIPoJustin
04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Are you adding all area codes?

Florida is missing quite a few, including 904 which is a major one.

904 (as well as a few more current area codes) should now be available.