PDA

View Full Version : Custom CallerID Hiccup?

frankd1
04-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Just received an incoming call from my Dad. He's in my contacts, and the custom callerID has always worked fine, but this call came across "traditionally" (last name, first) instead of "Dad-Home". Extremely minor problem that I could care less about, and it might be part of the death throes of The Planet. Just thought I'd post it here, in case it's a symptom of anything other than system migration.

Russell
04-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I have calls some calls (e.g. among others at 9:57 EDT and 9:29) which appears to have done the same thing.

Russell
04-10-2009, 06:34 AM
It's still broken this morning.

carlquist
04-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I noticed this morning that incoming cid numbers now have a 1 in front of them where they previously only included the phone number + area code (10 digits).

I'm not sure if this is part of the cause or merely another symptom of custom cid not working but wanted to point it out nonetheless.

Also my call history in the vPanel still appears to show only 10 digits. The extra digit is only coming through on my phone's cid. Oh, the voicemail email I receive from VOIPo also now shows the extra digit as well. I have a vm email from April 7 that showed only 10 digits and received another this morning (from same caller) that now shows an extra digit (has +1 in front of area code and number).

Russell
04-10-2009, 09:06 AM
I noticed this morning that incoming cid numbers now have a 1 in front of them where they previously only included the phone number + area code (10 digits).

I'm not sure if this is part of the cause or merely another symptom of custom cid not working but wanted to point it out nonetheless.

Also my call history in the vPanel still appears to show only 10 digits. The extra digit is only coming through on my phone's cid. Oh, the voicemail email I receive from VOIPo also now shows the extra digit as well. I have a vm email from April 7 that showed only 10 digits and received another this morning (from same caller) that now shows an extra digit (has +1 in front of area code and number).

Being new. I'm curious. Does VOIPo communicate when there are maintenance / system changes on their web-site? Seems like something has changed. I've also noticed oddities with distinctive ring - just from one test call, so I'm not positive.

VOIPoDylan
04-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Being new. I'm curious. Does VOIPo communicate when there are maintenance / system changes on their web-site? Seems like something has changed. I've also noticed oddities with distinctive ring - just from one test call, so I'm not positive.

Russell,
Yes we do communicate when there are system or network issues aswell as maintenance windows.

These announcements are available under our News and Announcements (http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24) thread. I encourage everyone to subscrive to that forum in order to receive email updates when new threads/announcements are posted.

Russell
04-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Russell,
Yes we do communicate when there are system or network issues aswell as maintenance windows.

These announcements are available under our News and Announcements (http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24) thread. I encourage everyone to subscrive to that forum in order to receive email updates when new threads/announcements are posted.

Ok, I see nothing there. Still having no Custom Caller ID. Should I open a ticket or is this something known to VOIPo and being worked on?

VOIPoDylan
04-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok, I see nothing there. Still having no Custom Caller ID. Should I open a ticket or is this something known to VOIPo and being worked on?

Russell,
I've corrected your Forum Access - give the News and Announcements (http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24) forum another refresh.
With regards to a custom CID - please open a ticket. We'll get this looked into.

usa2k
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I can confirm my cell phone gets the standard CNAM instead of my phone book entry. I can also confirm the prepended "1" before the 10-digit number. My bet would be these are closely tied together.

If this were isolated, I would think a ticket is in order.
It seems odd, if it were just us few.
I will put a ticket in. LKQ-449644

Interesting its like that on my 734-437 account,
But my 352-399 account gets 10 digit numbers.
Also interesting the 734-437 account sees my cell with proper name ...

Yet the 352-399 account gets "Livonia MI" like it did not bother with real CNAM
(No custom CNAM set in the phone book of 352-399 account.)

Russell
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
YWE-523763 created.

Russell
04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Russell,
I've corrected your Forum Access - give the News and Announcements (http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24) forum another refresh.
With regards to a custom CID - please open a ticket. We'll get this looked into.

Thanks. I did have forum access. Just didn't see anything related to what's being discussed in this thread or to the behavior others were reporting about the leading "1" - so wondering if there was somewhere else I needed to look for system changes.

voipinit
04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Same is happening here. 1 prefixed before the number on the phone CID and doesn't pick up the custom caller contact. I guess because with the 1 prefix it doesn't match the contact number.

Russell
04-10-2009, 12:08 PM
The friendly support folks (Dylan in this case) mention my issue is fixed, which I confirmed. Thanks!

VOIPoDylan
04-10-2009, 12:10 PM
This has now been fixed. Thanks for your ticket submissions and confirmations in this thread.

VOIPoDylan
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
The friendly support folks (Dylan in this case) mention my issue is fixed, which I confirmed. Thanks!

Russell,
You're quite welcome. Sorry about the hiccup folks!

usa2k
04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the fix!

fisamo
04-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Russell,
You're quite welcome. Sorry about the hiccup folks!

Any word on the cause of the hiccup? Sounds like something changed that shouldn't have...

VOIPoTim
04-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Any word on the cause of the hiccup? Sounds like something changed that shouldn't have...

It was related to the migration. There was something not fully changed.

We're continuing to migrate remaining portions of our system out of The Planet gradually.

sr98user
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
My caller id always showed with a prefix "1-". I checked my caller id log for the last 6-7 days. But my caller id name was messed up yesterday and this morning. I have not checked after the fix was made. Hopefully the fix was global and not tied to individual account.

sr98user
04-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Looking at the ATA configuration page, Last called number field does not have a prefix 1. Maybe my panasonic phone is adding it.

burris
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
It was related to the migration. There was something not fully changed.

We're continuing to migrate remaining portions of our system out of The Planet gradually.

Maybe post a notice when the migration is complete so we have a reference.