PDA

View Full Version : Is Support Up To Speed On Express ?

Montano
04-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm having problems with my Express DID. It was working perfectly till support decided to make changes to it, that I did not ask them to do. The problem was that my Residential DID was not able to call my Express DID. Now my Express DID is dead and does not ring through. Support told me that "Perhaps a reboot may need to correct this." What exactly am I supposed to reboot ? The Express DID simply forwards to another number.

Ticket # TGJ-936134

NY Tel Guy
04-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm having problems with my Express DID. It was working perfectly till support decided to make changes to it, that I did not ask them to do. The problem was that my Residential DID was not able to call my Express DID. Now my Express DID is dead and does not ring through. Support told me that "Perhaps a reboot may need to correct this." What exactly am I supposed to reboot ? The Express DID simply forwards to another number.

Ticket # TGJ-936134Actually in these instances you need to unplug the "virtual adapter" and hold it over your head and cluck like a chicken. This will give you the same results but at least you will feel like you accomplished something.:p

Montano
04-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Actually in these instances you need to unplug the "virtual adapter" and hold it over your head and cluck like a chicken. This will give you the same results but at least you will feel like you accomplished something.:p

LMAO :)

Thanks, I needed that !!

Ticket is getting escalated to Tier II where hopefully a Senior Engineer can figure out how to forward a DID ;)

gbh2o
04-12-2009, 05:47 AM
I have faith; watch for a resurrection! Oops, maybe that should be in the other tread...

Seriously, did you check to see if the Express DID is still correctly pointed to your destination in the proper format?

VOIPoDylan
04-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I believe Montano's issue has since been resolved.
"till Support decided to make a change" was my fault. It was corrected shortly after - sorry about that.

Enjoy the rest of your easter sunday folks!

NY Tel Guy
04-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I believe Montano's issue has since been resolved.
"till Support decided to make a change" was my fault. It was corrected shortly after - sorry about that.

Enjoy the rest of your easter sunday folks!Yup,my suggestion above must have worked. I was just driving by on Figueroa and saw some guy dressed in a Chicken suit.....;)

Montano
04-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Yup, not only did Dylan fix the issue with my Express DID not working, but he also fixed the original issue of my Residential not being able to call my Express. So all is well in Voipo-land once again :)