PDA

View Full Version : Contacts/Call Route Weirdness

frankd1
04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I had a friend text me at 3:20am this morning, asking me if I was alright. He said his phone rang at 3:03am, with my Voipo # on the caller ID.

Obviously, I didn't call him, and just as a sanity check, I looked at the call history to verify (which shows I didn't). But here's the rub: I was awake at 3am, and dialed 411 and 511 as a bit of sleep deprived boredom. I have outbound routes for 411 forwarded to GOOG411, and 511 to the Bay Area Traffic/transit info line, but last night, the call to 511 connected me to my local police dept's non-emergency line, and 411 seemed to not connect (this might be the call my friend got).

This morning, I looked through everything in vPanel, and I noticed one of my outbound call routes was missing the forward-to number. Yesterday, I had deleted one of my contact's phone #s, and this was the same number that had an outbound route set up, so deleting it from the contacts section wiped it out of the route list, while leaving that particular route in place. I'm hoping I'm making sense here, but I think having this route missing its forward-to number screwed up the mapping of my other outbound routes.

So if anyone has time, I was hoping they could duplicate my actions, and see if they get the same behavior:
-find a phone # that's in your contacts, and you also have an outbound route set up for
-delete the phone # from that contact
-check your outbound routes, and see if that route is still listed, but missing the "forward to" number (which should have been the number you just deleted from contacts)
-try dialing some of your other outbound routes, and see if they connect to the proper number

If anyone encounters the same weird behavior, let me know, and I'll submit a ticket on it. If this is reproduceable, I see two bugs:

1) deleting a contact's phone # should not wipe out the outbound route, or it should wipe out the route completely (not just the forward-to number).
2)Having a route missing the forward-to number shouldn't screw up the mapping on the other outbound routes.

Thanks in advance!