PDA

View Full Version : Block Private Calls

Montano
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I got a couple incoming call today from a 'Private Caller'. I have these calls blocked in vPanel, but upon closer examination, it would appear these calls were not to my DID.

Tried uploading a jpg image but the forums tell me it's not a valid file type :(

So here's a cut/paste:

Wednesday, April 15th 2009
From---------- To
Restricted---- (559) 492 0000
Restricted---- (559) 492 0000

This is not my phone number......

I will submit a ticket, but just in case anyone else was getting calls that were not to their DID, I figured I'd post this.

usa2k
04-15-2009, 01:47 PM
BTW jpg files (and others) are listed for upload,
but I saw recently that upload was broken for me too.
(Even tried upper and lower case, and jpeg suffix.)

Do you have any incoming whitelisted fragment numbers?

usa2k
04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
I see I am getting strange CID numbers in Voice Mail to Email.

They are being reported on VM in <+1419xxxxxxx> format.
They should be <419xxxxxxx> format.

Ticket ID: UOE-694799

Montano
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
No whitelist numbers, only blacklist numbers. Yesterday I added 800* & 866* to my blacklist.

roehrle
04-16-2009, 06:33 AM
I too am getting multiply restricted calls. More in the last couple days. Some have been a couple minutes apart. Almost like someone I know is trying to reach me but can't. So far I haven't heard any of my friends complaining but it gets you wondering who is so persistent trying to reach me ???

Montano
04-16-2009, 07:11 AM
I continued to receive these calls throughout the day yesterday. Support says the issue is with the upstream carrier. We'll see how long it takes to get resolved.

VOIPoTim
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
There was an upstream carrier that changed the format of how they sent the headers for incoming calls to us that was causing the Block Private Calls feature to let some private calls through.

It should be fixed now.

Montano
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Well the moving/updating of the forums still has not fixed the issue with uploading .jpg's :(

I'm still showing calls in my call logs that are not to my number. I'll host the file myself so you can see the difference from before fixed to after fixed. Remember this is not my number.

http://tinyurl.com/cf7h6s

VOIPoDylan
04-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Well the moving/updating of the forums still has not fixed the issue with uploading .jpg's :(

I'm still showing calls in my call logs that are not to my number. I'll host the file myself so you can see the difference from before fixed to after fixed. Remember this is not my number.

http://tinyurl.com/cf7h6s

Montano,
You should be able to upload/attach images at this point. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

With regards to your issue - please email support@voipo.com with the link to http://tinyurl.com/cf7h6s
The image itself is self explanatory. Support will get one of our seniors involved to get your reported "unknown call" issue looked into and resolved.