PDA

View Full Version : Custom Caller ID - Any limits?

Dave_N
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi,

I can't seem to make the custom caller id feature work. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but are there any limits to the length or the character set?

Basically, suppose my caller id is (555) 555 -1212.

I want this to show up as Dad's Cell Phone

I now have six fields to fill out. Here is what I am trying to do:

Group: Family
Custom Caller Id: Dad's Cell Phone
First Name: Dad's
Last Name: Cell Phone

Then there is the contact location portion
Phone Description: ?
Phone Number: ?

Thanks in advance

sr98user
04-16-2009, 08:50 PM
It appends the Phone Description (Location) to the custom caller id.

So, if you have "Dad" as the custom caller id and "Cell" as Description, then you will see "Dad - Cell"

Russell
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Also see: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1367.

ptrowski
04-17-2009, 07:15 AM
The custom caller ID with Voipo could use an overhaul. Something that was good with VT was you could go into the call logs and set the custom CID right from there instead of having to create contacts for everyone. Much easier process.

voxabox
04-17-2009, 07:33 AM
The custom caller ID with Voipo could use an overhaul. Something that was good with VT was you could go into the call logs and set the custom CID right from there instead of having to create contacts for everyone. Much easier process.
yes, it'd be nice being able to see the custom callerID/CallerID in our call log as well

ptrowski
04-17-2009, 07:38 AM
I agree. I haven't set any of my Custom CID yet as I have not sat down and created contacts for them.

voxabox
04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
I agree. I haven't set any of my Custom CID yet as I have not sat down and created contacts for them.
like I said (even if) you did created contacts/custom CallerIDs, you won't see them in the call log; however, they are shown up in the handsets

ptrowski
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
like I said (even if) you did created contacts/custom CallerIDs, you won't see them in the call log; however, they are shown up in the handsets

Right..but I a mtalking about being able to see a number in the call logs and then be able to click the number and set the caller ID from there so it will show on the handsets.