PDA

View Full Version : Bankruptcy email...

ptrowski
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
While it was nice to get it, seeing an email from Voipo with "Bankruptcy" as the subject was quite shocking for a moment until I clicked on it. :-)

VOIPoTim
04-20-2009, 01:55 PM
99% of e-mail marketing is getting the message opened. :)

dswartz
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Ptrowski, I had the same reaction :) WTF???? Oh, phew... :)

dtrose
04-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I didn't (or have not in the past) get any marketing type e-mails from VoIPo.

quattrohead
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah, me too !!!!
I was working hard on something I am not too familiar with (Frontpage) and saw the message info popup out of the corner of my eye. Dam near $hat myself :eek:

burris
04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Maybe one of you could post it for those of us who didn't get it...

VOIPoTim
04-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Maybe one of you could post it for those of us who didn't get it...

Yeah, it was sent out to the VIP Launch List...not to all customers.

Here is what it said:

-----
Subject: Bankruptcy

Body:

Bankruptcy. Bailout. Layoff. Recession.

These are words you likely hear every day. When we set out to launch VOIPo nearly 3 years ago, we never expected that we'd see a recession. Today though, consumers and businesses are facing unprecedented challenges.

If you're looking to save money and create some extra room in your budget, your phone bill is a great place to start. At VOIPo, we're proud to be helping people save money every day with high-quality phone service that actually costs less than the taxes and fees traditional phone companies charge.

VOIPo's Residential Freedom plan offers Unlimited Calling to the US and Canada starting at just $8.25 per month.

$99 Yearly or $15 Monthly
FREE Phone Adapter
FREE Adapter Shipping
FREE Number Transfer
FREE - Over 38 Calling Features

Limited Time: FREE Activation with Coupon LAUNCH5

Remember, we offer a Full 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you're not happy with VOIPo service, just cancel within 30 days and return the phone adapter for a FULL refund.

We've also recently expanded our coverage area and now offer phone numbers in thousands of new areas. You can even transfer in your current phone number either at the time you order or later on after you've tried the service.

With VOIPo, you use your regular phones just as you normally would so there's no need to use your computer or change your calling habits. It's a pain-free way to take a small step to save money and beat the recession.

Visit www.VOIPo.com (http://community.icontact.com/p/voipovoip/newsletters/voiplaunch/posts/bankruptcy/link?linkurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.VOIPo.com) for more information or to order. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Our Sales & Support center is based in Houston and staffed with friendly Texans ready to help.

-The VOIPo Team
-----

bretski
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
LOL. I saw the email in my box a few minutes ago, and figured it was a spam/phish/whatever that had spoofed Voipo's domain name...guess I'll open it now. :)