PDA

View Full Version : No more BYOD?

scott2020
04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
A friend of mine called and was refused service because he told VOIPo he was an Asterisk user. Do new customers not have the option for BYOD? Or does a new customer have to sign up, get the ATA, and then request SIP credentials later? I know BYOD is not supported officially but I didn't think VOIPo was refusing new customers with BYOD. Sorry if I had missed something along the way.

Scott

burris
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
A friend of mine called and was refused service because he told VOIPo he was an Asterisk user. Do new customers not have the option for BYOD? Or does a new customer have to sign up, get the ATA, and then request SIP credentials later? I know BYOD is not supported officially but I didn't think VOIPo was refusing new customers with BYOD. Sorry if I had missed something along the way.

Scott

I don't remember the post, but Tim specifically stated no more BYOD...only those beta people who were grandfathered in..If I find it, I'll reference it..

quattrohead
04-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Yep, just us oldies get to plague support with BYOD :p
Honestly, don't bother, get the PAP2 and have a working phone line. If you want a hobby, plenty of other providers will give you the SIP info and tell you "good luck !!!"

zcnkac
04-20-2009, 06:55 PM
http://voipo.com/features.shtml still says "BYOD and Softphone Access", though Tim had mentioned BYOD will be removed shortly (grandfathering existing BYOD users).

burris
04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Yep, just us oldies get to plague support with BYOD :p
Honestly, don't bother, get the PAP2 and have a working phone line. If you want a hobby, plenty of other providers will give you the SIP info and tell you "good luck !!!"

Couldn't have said it better myself..

scott2020
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
He's really into the Asterisk and has several lines with different carriers. I kept bragging on VOIPo and he finally is coming over but was frustrated with the "no Asterisk" he got when he called in.

I am clear on it now though.

I tinkered with Asterisk a lot and still do on other equipment, but the PAP2 has been rock solid for me. I got burned out with security scares, hardware issues, things like that with Asterisk for the time being!

Scott