PDA

View Full Version : *20 for call forwarding not working?

ralfaro
04-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Is something going on ith call forwarding that is different? I have tried forwarding to my cell phone a few times today with crazy results. when I dial *20 followed by the number to forward to, I either get a fast busy, or I get a "thankyou" after the first number or so. Something happens because If someone tries to call my number, it does not ring here so who knows where the call is being forwarded to. I have to disable the forwarding with *21 before I can receive calls again. This is on a pap2t. Anyone else seeing this or is this a known issue?

RA

VOIPoBrandon
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Hello,

Are you inserting 10 or 11 digits when doing *20? Please try using *20[10 digit phone number], rather than 11 digits.

ralfaro
04-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello, I did used ten digits. I never use 11 digits for any dialing since I know it is not necessary with Voipo.

RAA

Hello,

Are you inserting 10 or 11 digits when doing *20? Please try using *20[10 digit phone number], rather than 11 digits.

VOIPoBrandon
04-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Rick,

Could you please dial *20[phone_number] and enable forwarding temporarily, thanks!
________
Fisting German (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/570/german/videos/1)

ralfaro
04-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Sorry for the late response, but I just logged in and saw your message. I have enabled forwarding with *20 or at least I hink I have. After dialing the sequence *20 954xxxxxxx, I got a fast busy signal. If you could email me privately when I can disable it, it would be appreciated as I usually don't log onto the forums more than once a day. Thanks.

VOIPoTim
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
When you dial this are you doing it all at once or is there a delay between *20 and the destination number?

ralfaro
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I do a slight delay, but not too long. I also find that I sometimes get a "thank you" after the first digit or so if I pause too long.

I still have it enabled and I guess it thinks it is forwarded but I have no idea where it is sending calls to. I called it from my cell and got a fast busy after several seconds.

RAA

When you dial this are you doing it all at once or is there a delay between *20 and the destination number?

ralfaro
04-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Ok, I just had a few folks test this while it is forwarded and it is definitely broken as they all get silence when they call my Voipo number followed by a fast busy. I went ahead and opened a ticket (DHO-839721) because it really seems to be broken big time.

VOIPoJustin
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Out of curiosity, do/did you also have call forwarding enabled within vPanel (or enabled, with no destination specified)? If the device specific star code is used, as well as the vPanel option -- they could be conflicting with each other.

Looks like this shouldn't be a problem after all, were you able to reach resolve?

We'll look into this more and identify exactly what's going on with your specific case.

Ok, I just had a few folks test this while it is forwarded and it is definitely broken as they all get silence when they call my Voipo number followed by a fast busy. I went ahead and opened a ticket (DHO-839721) because it really seems to be broken big time.

VOIPoBrandon
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Rick -- is everything resolved now, please advise if you are still experiencing any difficulties with using star code forwarding, thanks!

ralfaro
04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks to all for your assistance. This is now resolved and working as it should. As Brandon explained to me, it was a matter of a dialing delay being set too short. The delay was timing out right after the first digit of the forwarding number when enter via *20. As a result, my number was being forwarded to nowhere land. He lengthened the delay to 6 and that did the trick. Hope I explained this properly.

RA

burris
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Makes sense.

We all strive for minimal post dial delay, but your type of problem is the trade-off that sometimes occurs.
When I BYOD'd, I experimented with the settings in the dial plan to find the optimal number. I also found that it varied with the provider as well as the connection speeds and such.

Glad you got yours squared away...