PDA

View Full Version : New Office

VOIPoTim
05-04-2009, 04:27 AM
We moved into the new Houston office this weekend.

I took a few quick pics for you guys.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38042589@N04/sets/72157617589522371/

We're still getting some things set up, but overall situated. This will give us a lot of room to grow into.

burris
05-04-2009, 04:39 AM
The new office really looks great.

usa2k
05-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Looks either modern, or 1960's ... I can't decide :D

Russell
05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
It'll be nice to be able to associate faces with names - how about pictures (if there are no privacy concerns) of the VOIPo folk who frequent these forums?

scott2020
05-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Very nice! It would be cool to see some data center pics too!

Vumes
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Tim,

You guys stealing from your local Laundromat? :rolleyes:

VOIPoTim
05-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Tim,

You guys stealing from your local Laundromat? :rolleyes:

Kinda. From the old employee one @ HostGator. They were quick and easy for moving some things around.

Vumes
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Kinda. From the old employee one @ HostGator. They were quick and easy for moving some things around.

Very nice. LOL, next you'll see Voipo employees pushing shopping carts through the building. Can't wait for that photo to be posted. ;)

VOIPoTim
05-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Very nice. LOL, next you'll see Voipo employees pushing shopping carts through the building. Can't wait for that photo to be posted. ;)

That's the view from the East facing side.

Here's a blog post from last year of some research my business partner at HostGator did around the office: http://blog.hostgator.com/2007/11/28/hostgator-ceo-becomes-homeless/

VOIPoTim
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I guess the cat is out of the bag now, so I'll let you guys in on it too.

We're still in the very early planning stages, but later this year we're opening a new Southern California headquarters for VOIPo. We'll likely continue to have Sales & Support in Houston, but the Orange County office will serve as the new headquarters.

Again this won't be until later this year since it takes many months to find space, furnish it, coordinate things, hire there, etc, but we're pretty excited about it.

HostGator is remaining entirely in Houston...this will be a VOIPo only situation.

Brian
05-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I guess the cat is out of the bag now, so I'll let you guys in on it too.

We're still in the very early planning stages, but later this year we're opening a new Southern California headquarters for VOIPo. We'll likely continue to have Sales & Support in Houston, but the Orange County office will serve as the new headquarters.

Again this won't be until later this year since it takes many months to find space, furnish it, coordinate things, hire there, etc, but we're pretty excited about it.

HostGator is remaining entirely in Houston...this will be a VOIPo only situation.

A little off topic, but does this mean you'll be personally moving to CA?

VOIPoTim
05-28-2009, 08:01 PM
A little off topic, but does this mean you'll be personally moving to CA?

Yeah, I'll be moving.

I looked at a lot of cities, but overall SoCal was the only place I got the feeling that I would to stay long-term, so that was a big part of the decision.

ropeguru
06-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I'll be moving.

I looked at a lot of cities, but overall SoCal was the only place I got the feeling that I would to stay long-term, so that was a big part of the decision.

I didn't see my name tag in the office pics. Will it be in the new office?? :)

quattrohead
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
You could have chosen Holyoke or Springfield, MA :p 30 mins from Bradley airport, on the cross roads of 91 N/S and 90 E/W, big fiber runs right through the area etc.
Bit cold in winter :mad:

chpalmer
06-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Near Brea Tim?

I miss the Brea Mall... Especially the Ice Rink they had there years ago...

rx100
06-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I'll be moving.

Tim, Does that mean new taxes for California customers?

VOIPoTim
06-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Tim, Does that mean new taxes for California customers?

When we switch to itemized taxes, it will likely cause it to go up for CA residents, yes.

However, anyone who orders before we switch to that from the flat $3 method that we have now will be grandfathered in at the $3 rate.

VOIPoTim
06-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Near Brea Tim?

I miss the Brea Mall... Especially the Ice Rink they had there years ago...

Yeah it's in that general area. We're mainly looking in Irvine right now.

ptrowski
06-08-2009, 10:38 AM
You could have chosen Holyoke or Springfield, MA :p 30 mins from Bradley airport, on the cross roads of 91 N/S and 90 E/W, big fiber runs right through the area etc.

Blech! Thanks but no thanks!

VOIPoTim
06-10-2009, 09:41 PM

Well ViaTalk is in Albany, so I got my Northeast experience in during the 3 years I was there.

Now TX is the opposite extreme with it being in the 90s and humid all the time.

CA is nice and mild.