PDA

View Full Version : Trying to port out....bandwidth.com?

NY Tel Guy
05-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Well guys, I'm not dead yet....lol
Verizon wireless is trying to port me out and they were told that my number has been ported or assigned to bandwidth.com from Level3.

Is this a new happening and is this correct?

Thanks.

VOIPoTim
05-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Bandwidth.com is a carrier partner we work with. They were Level3's largest reseller and recently built out their own nationwide network. Many of our numbers are on their network now instead of with Level3.

On a sidenote, this is the reason we can offer Outbound CNAM more easily.

You may have also heard of them due to them powering GOOG411 and some of the Google services.

NY Tel Guy
05-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Bandwidth.com is a carrier partner we work with. They were Level3's largest reseller and recently built out their own nationwide network. Many of our numbers are on their network now instead of with Level3.

On a sidenote, this is the reason we can offer Outbound CNAM more easily.

You may have also heard of them due to them powering GOOG411 and some of the Google services.Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.
Well being in "the business" as I am and working for a company on the East Coast that has a few SAS 70 type II data centers, I am familiar with them. We have a few Voip companies in our inner sanctum as well.

As for my port out, the folks at Verizon had put the port request through to Level3 and it was originally rejected because they were told it was with another company. Once I intervened with James and Verizon, we got it straigtened out. Scheduled to port shortly.
I am going to go through withdrawal after I leave but nothing is forever I say. :)