PDA

View Full Version : Blocking all calls that cost?

Russell
05-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I do see the "block international calls" option and I've enabled it. Aren't there various Caribbean countries which are dialed with 1-areacode-phone number like US area codes but cost additional. Will they be blocked when I enable "block international calls"?

Aren't there various 900 and similar service which are billed per minute. Do these work with VOIPo? If yes, I really would like an option which would block all such calls which can potentially cost me - here's your chance for wisecracks about the wife using the phone :-).

bill875
05-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Russell, excellent question! I have been wondering the same thing. Will these calls be blocked since they are International?

usa2k
05-10-2009, 05:48 AM
here's your chance for wisecracks about the wife using the phone :-). We would never mention blocking inbound 900, would we? :)
You really did not leave much of an opening.

Actually, great questions.
I suppose you can use call filtering for 900* and make it go to a busy signal.
You could do similar for other destinations too.
The average Joe would not go to that trouble. (Not even me)
An option in features on vPanel would get attention by everyone.

VOIPoTim
05-10-2009, 01:27 PM
900 numbers won't work on VoIP.

In terms of the International Block, it should be blocking all premium destinations, but I'll verify that it's blocking all of them with North American area codes like PR this week just to be sure.

Russell
05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Here are some numbers from the NANP to try:

Marriott, Bahamas: 1-242-327-6200

Sunset Beach Resort, Jamaica: 1-876-979-8800

Essentially, if it's not free I don't want my phone to be able to call it unless I explicitly set some option.