PDA

View Full Version : Can't call voipo number from simul ring number?

sommerfeld
05-13-2009, 09:40 AM
I just ported our landline to voipo and was trying out features.

I was away when the port was finalized and had set up simultaneous ring to my cellphone. When I got back I was dismayed to discover that when I called my landline from my cell, the phone would ring, and then would beep and drop the call. Wasn't sure what was going on but this stopped when I disabled simultaneous ring.

I didn't have this problem with the simultaneous ring feature of a different voip provider on a different number.

Let me know if you need additional information to reproduce this problem

VOIPoBrandon
05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Hello -- just wanting to get some clarification -- you are trying to setup Simul Ring to a VOIPo number i.e.

VOIPo Account [number] -> Simul Ring -> [Another VOIPo Account / Number] ?

Or are you simply trying to call

VOIPo Account [number] -> Simul Ring -> [some external number]

Thanks!
________
MFLB (http://vaporizer.org/)

voxabox
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I was away when the port was finalized and had set up simultaneous ring to my cellphone. When I got back I was dismayed to discover that when I called my landline from my cell, the phone would ring, and then would beep and drop the call. Wasn't sure what was going on but this stopped when I disabled simultaneous ring.it seems that my sig. is not prominent enough;)

VOIPoBrandon
05-13-2009, 06:48 PM
it seems that my sig. is not prominent enough;)

This should be the current behavior of "simul ring" -- if the Call From number, is included in the "Call Simul Ring List" -- that number is "skipped", and all original destinations or other simul ring locations (when we do allow for multiple) are "continued".

Is this not the behavior seen when using Simul Ring for you? However Call Forwarding may be a different story, I'd have to look into that.

voxabox
05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
This should be the current behavior of "simul ring" -- if the Call From number, is included in the "Call Simul Ring List" -- that number is "skipped", and all original destinations or other simul ring locations (when we do allow for multiple) are "continued".

Is this not the behavior seen when using Simul Ring for you? However Call Forwarding may be a different story, I'd have to look into that.
I have not tested sim. ring since I ran into that issue
Perhaps, someone can confirm the behaviour
when could I take #2 off the list? my significant other still gives me grieves every now and then:eek:

sommerfeld
05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello -- just wanting to get some clarification -- you are trying to setup Simul Ring to a VOIPo number i.e.

VOIPo Account [number] -> Simul Ring -> [Another VOIPo Account / Number] ?

Or are you simply trying to call

VOIPo Account [number] -> Simul Ring -> [some external number]

Thanks!

I have a voipo phone, number A, and a cell phone, number B.

Several weeks ago I configured A to simultaneously ring B

Yesterday and today, I picked up B and dialed A several times. Each time, A rang, but when it was answered, the person answering it heard a beep and then a fast busy.

I then cancelled the simultaneous ring through the website, called A from B again, and the call worked.

I haven't tried reenabling simultaneous ring to see if the problem came back.

burris
05-14-2009, 05:39 AM
I generally keep my Simul Ring set up the same way and it works as it should. In fact, if I remember correctly, they designed this feature so that when you do call your VOIPo number from your cell, it won't Simul Ring to your cell while you are calling your main number, as this would be messy.

I'm sure Brandon can solve this issue. I'm just curious to know what caused it when it is corrected..

Vumes
05-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I have 2 virtual numbers.
I have simul ring activated to my cell phone.
When I call my main number from my cell phone it goes through fine. When I call a virtual number from my cell phone, it goes straight to asking for my password as if though I am trying to check VM OR it goes to a fast busy.

burris
05-14-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't recall your mentioning that you were referring to virtual numbers.
Maybe your problem us unique to the virtual numbers..

Vumes
05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I wasn't the one with the original problem, but thought I would chime in and mention the very similar problem I was having but with virtual numbers.

voxabox
05-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I wasn't the one with the original problem, but thought I would chime in and mention the very similar problem I was having but with virtual numbers.
that is a good catch!
did you submit a ticket for this issue?

Vumes
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
that is a good catch!
did you submit a ticket for this issue?

I have not. I figured this was an issue that everyone experienced, but if not and its only me, ill def. submit a ticket.

Vumes
05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Ticket IDV-489244 submitted.