PDA

View Full Version : Distinctive ring via virtual number not working?

Russell
05-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Call main number from cell. Hear distinctive ring. Call virtual number from the same cell, don't hear distinctive ring. For the calls in my incoming log at 8:06 and 8:07, if you need details. I can open a ticket if the feeling is that it's specific to my number. I'm on east01.

Russell
05-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Opened ticket. Brandon fixed it.

usa2k
05-23-2009, 08:35 PM
That sounded like a feature to tell them apart!

Russell
05-24-2009, 07:54 AM
That sounded like a feature to tell them apart!
:-). Actually, that feature will be arriving soon.

VOIPoBrandon
05-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey guys -- check out "Features" -> "Virtual Numbers" -- please do let me know if you see / experience any issues. Thanks!

chpalmer
05-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Very Cool!! ;)

Russell
05-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Very Cool!! ;)

Agreed! Brandon, do I take it that any distinctive ring in place will override the ring tone for the virtual number? At least that's what my simple test shows. Thanks a bunch!

VOIPoBrandon
05-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Agreed! Brandon, do I take it that any distinctive ring in place will override the ring tone for the virtual number? At least that's what my simple test shows. Thanks a bunch!
That is correct, if you do have a distinctive ring tone setup for a virtual number, regardless of the Caller (it will ring that ring tone); otherwise it'll ring the ring tone of the Caller (if one is setup) and if all else fails, will default to normal ring.

ralfaro
05-26-2009, 08:19 AM
That is correct, if you do have a distinctive ring tone setup for a virtual number, regardless of the Caller (it will ring that ring tone); otherwise it'll ring the ring tone of the Caller (if one is setup) and if all else fails, will default to normal ring.
Brandon,

This ddoesn't seem to be working for me. I set my virtual number to use distinctive ring 4 and saved the settings, but the ring remains the same, one long ring which is the normal one. Ring 4 I believe should be 1 short, one long and one short.
I even power cycled the pap2 just in case this was required.
Am I not doing this correctly?

RA

voipinit
05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
It doesn't work for me either with the HT-502. With ring tone 1 set up in Vpanel and the 502.

VOIPoTim
05-26-2009, 10:20 AM
It doesn't work for me either with the HT-502. With ring tone 1 set up in Vpanel and the 502.

At this point, we only officially support the Linksys PAP2 and have replaced virtually all HT502s in service. If you still have a VOIPo-issued one and need to get it replaced, let us know.

This feature and any new ones that are device dependent will be specific to the PAP2.

With this feature as an example, we modify the headers being sent to tell the device to use the selected ring.

VOIPoBrandon
05-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey guys -- I do apologize, apparently the updates specific to this did not get pushed out to all production servers, this should now be resolved, as before please advise us of any issues you may be experiencing, thanks!

ralfaro
05-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Just for the record, this is now working like a champ here on my virtual number. Thanks.

RA

Russell
05-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Anyone try #10. I thought once upon a time it would produce an almost constant ring. When tried yesterday it was (to my ears) no different than 1. Anyone, hear anything different with #10? Or, can confirm that it's the same as #1 for them too?

ralfaro
05-29-2009, 09:32 AM
I personally have not tried all of the possible rings, but I think this is one area that needs some work to make it a little easier to use. Currently, the only way to know the cadence of the chosen ring is trial and error. It would be great if somoen could simply record some .wav files of what each ring sounds like and add a play button to hear the sound of the slected ring.

usa2k
05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Good idea. It could be one wave. Say the ring number, then a sample, and cycle through the list.