PDA

View Full Version : Locked in the Mailbox

caseydoug
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm having a strange issue with checking voicemail in vPanel. If I "Move" a message to any of the folders shown in the drop-down menu (Inbox, Work, Family, Friends), it disappears from the screen but cannot thereafter be accessed using vPanel.

I can see that the messages are there, because the folder name appears with a + sign in a box to the left, and the number of messages is shown in parentheses on the right. Clicking on the + sign does nothing, however. If the messages have been moved to the Inbox folder, I can access them by using the phone. If they have been moved to "Family," I cannot access them or delete them at all.

I'm probably missing something obvious. Can someone clue me in?

Thanks.

VOIPoJustin
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Clicking on the '+' *should* drop down the list and display your messages.

What browser/version are you using? Do you have JavaScript disabled perhaps?

caseydoug
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm using IE8, and JavaScript is not disabled. Other features of vPanel work fine. I tried clearing cache, cookies, etc.

I did just have Support change my primary number so that what was the primary number is now a virtual number. The messages were left on this virtual number, which is the only number on which I can leave messages because the primary number is awaiting porting. I don't know whether that could be related to the problem.

caseydoug
06-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Does anyone else have this problem, or does your vPanel work as described by Justin? If it is just me, I'll put in a trouble ticket.

VOIPoJustin
06-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey there,

Go ahead and open a ticket while we look into it a bit more. I was unable to replicate the problem in IE7, IE8, FF3, or Chrome here in the office logged in under your account (pops open when you hit the + as intended).

Any kind of strange software running either as an addon to the browser or anti-virus like phishing checker?

Send the exact Verison # of IE8 in the ticket, just to be extra specific (Help->About IE).

caseydoug
06-03-2009, 03:44 PM
OK, it's done. Thanks.

VOIPoJustin
06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I'll give you a call shortly and see if we can figure out the missing variable here that seems to be giving you issues.

Ticket received as well, doing a bit of investigation at the moment.

caseydoug
06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the quick help, Justin.

It turns out that this can be fixed by enabling "Compatibility View" in IE8 (Page/Compatibility View). I guess MS put this setting in IE8 because it knew that some pages wouldn't render properly. Enabling this setting puts voipo.com in the list of sites that need it. Ironically, I used this setting only one other time (which is why I forgot about it), and that was with msn.com.

VOIPoJustin
06-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Not a problem caseydoug, we'll be taking a look into this and some of the other pages to make sure everything is "IE8" friendly as possible without compromising a bunch of other browsers.