PDA

View Full Version : Block calls by name ?

Montano
06-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Is it possible to block incoming calls by name if one uses the 'Contacts' to set it up ? I've been getting about 5 calls a day from Capital One letting me know they have new 'offers'. They have called me from 10 different numbers thus far. I'm hoping there is a way to block all calls from Capital One.

Xponder1
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Is it possible to block incoming calls by name if one uses the 'Contacts' to set it up ? I've been getting about 5 calls a day from Capital One letting me know they have new 'offers'. They have called me from 10 different numbers thus far. I'm hoping there is a way to block all calls from Capital One.

Ask them to remove you from their calling list next time.

usa2k
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
CNAM matching sounds like a cool new filter method.

Is that one possible Mr. VOIPoTim? :)

voipinit
06-04-2009, 06:54 AM
are the numbers totally different or just the last four? if just the last four are changing you might try blocking the number by the last four numbers. Ex. 888123****

Montano
06-04-2009, 02:19 PM
It's a recording, so I'm not sure how I would tell it to remove me form their calling list without actually answering the call and playing the game.

The numbers seem to be totally random, and not 800/877/888 numbers.

CNAM filter sounds like what I need :)

Todays number: "CAPITAL ONE " <954522xxxx>

bwarden
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
It's a recording, so I'm not sure how I would tell it to remove me form their calling list without actually answering the call and playing the game.

Are you a Capital One customer? If so, you could try calling customer service directly and tell them you want to be excluded from promotional calls. Although they might try to convince you that you will miss out on important offers, they should respect your request without too much hassle.

If you're not a customer, make sure you're on the national do-not-call list, and be prepared to file a complaint at donotcall.gov if it continues. Since they're a legitimate domestic company, they'll be quite likely to comply.