PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Feature: Remote Access - Control Features/Dial Out

VOIPoTim
06-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Soon we'll be launching VOIPo Connect which allows you to use an access number from another phone to login to your VOIPo account to place calls and control features.

This is NOT production ready yet and will have a lot of bugs. This first version is just to get feedback and have you guys test it to find all the bugs. We think we've found and fixed most of them, but with real-world use a lot more scenarios are always in play and more always come up.

Once this is live, we'll have access numbers throughout the country and a few international ones as well.

Test Access Number: 714-209-7280

Once you dial the access number, here are your options:

1) Call a number on the VOIPo network (anyone can do this).

2) Press * to login to your VOIPo residential account using your voicemail PIN.

3) Once logged in, you can dial out. Caller ID shows your VOIPo number. International is NOT enabled on this yet until we're 100% sure the call accounting is working correctly.

4) Once logged in, you can use all the star codes such as forwarding, etc.

We think the basic functionality is pretty well tested now though internally. Once we fix any bugs, add some error handling, and make sure we're sticking to this navigation layout, we'll redo all the recordings so they're not the text to speech ones and launch it.

We also have additional functionality that we previously posted about that we'll be adding soon, but we wanted to get the basic version out for testing so it can be released soon. We've been hammered with our former Callvantage users wanting to control their features remotely by phone.

Can you guys go through this and see what all bugs you can come up with?

VOIPoTim
06-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Can you guys go through this and see what all bugs you can come up with?

Please post them here in this thread.

VOIPoTim
06-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Feature Code List for Reference:

*20 - Call Forwarding (Include Destination Number)
Example: *205551113333

*21 - Disable Call Forwarding

*22 - Do Not Disturb - Send to Busy

*23 - Do Not Disturb - Send to Voicemail

*24 - Disable Do Not Disturb

*25 - Set Failover Number (Include Destination Number)
Example: *255551113333

*26 - Set Failover to Voicemail

*27 - Blacklist Last Caller

*67 - Block Caller ID (For Next Call Only)

*30 - Block Caller ID (For All Calls)

*68 - Unblock Caller ID (For One Call)

*31 - Unblock Caller ID (For All Calls)

tj008
06-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Tried calling my voipo number from 2 other phones lines. The nice lady said that the number I dialed was NOT a voipo number.

Bummer!

Thats as far as I got.

Terry

fisamo
06-14-2009, 03:32 PM
I've found a few, but still need to test more later...

If the voicemail password is not 4 digits long, you cannot authenticate.
When I used the dialout feature, I got the voipo connect number on my CID, not MY Voipo number.
When i set call forwarding, calls to my voipo line are met with dead air for 15-20 seconds, followed by fast busy. I think this may be a bug with call forwarding, not Voipo connect. The forward-to number was properly listed in my vPanel.
I also got the "that is not a valid voipo number" when attempting to use Connect to dial my voipo line.

As I said, more playing to do later to test more.

Edit: The forwarding problem seems to be dependent on the target number for call forwarding.

gbh2o
06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Worked for me. Old robot voice lady guided me through the steps and I got to listen to Pittsburgh T&T.

Call did not show in my call history afterward!

caseydoug
06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I got "not a VOIPo number." It also said current VOIPo customers could ress *4 for more options. I did so, whereupon it asked for a password (not a customer number first), and then of course rejected my password.

Xponder1
06-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Dialed and and tried to call my number 918-*** **** and received the same message as others that its not a valid number.

Pressed * then my number and my 4 digit password and tried to call my wifes cell. She did not answer but said it was a 714 number calling when I called her from home.

Edited out this part after I read the original post again.

Thanks,

Brian
06-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Interesting...the caller ID passed through was not my number, but the 714 access number.

usa2k
06-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Not a valid voipo phone number.
Hitting * and access code could call wife's 248-xxx-xxxx work number.
(Also navigated the interactive OK)
Hitting * and access code, called my VOIPo number and went straight to VM.

Encouraging compared to the old access number experiment.

frankd1
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
+1, tried outcall, CID was not my VOIPo #, but a 714 #.

voipoh
06-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Doesn't recognize my number (10 & 11 digit) as a VOIPo number.

Can't login in as account holder. (Note I do have a password in my account but my voicemail is not currently active)

VOIPoTim
08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Is it recognizing the VOIPo numbers now for you guys?

tj008
08-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Not sure. Somehow she doesnt hear my DTMF tones now.

On hold now waiting for support. have the Grandstream 486 with "in audio" checked. Does it require alternate setting?

Will try this alpha feature again when....

Terry

VOIPoTim
08-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Support is a little busy right now so hold times are a little higher than usual due to another large increase in orders hitting homes today due to a HostGator newsletter mailing last week. Lots of initial setup questions.

Ticket may be best if not urgent so you don't have to wait.

tj008
08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
played with some settings and tones are working now.

After calling 714 number, SHE asks for your destination number. I enter it. She says not recognized. (shouldnt she recognize your caller ID, know it, then when she asks for the destination number, she should dial it?)

I call again. This time I enter *. She asks for my number and password. then number to call. It worked that way. Woo hoo!

BUT, the caller ID was the 714 number not my voipo number.

It's getting closer.

Terry

VOIPoTim
08-17-2009, 02:05 PM
When it first asks for it, it's asking for a VOIPo number to connect you to. The idea is someone could call a local access number and connect to any VOIPo number from it.

To dial non-voipo numbers, you would hit * like you did.

The Caller ID we're working on fixing. It should show your account's CID.

tj008
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Could she say "Enter your Voipo destination number. For all other numbers, press * "? That would help.

So it must be working in general, except for showing my caller ID. Calls to the 714 number show in my call logs too.

Very nice

Terry

VOIPoTim
08-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Also once you guys login with * to dial out, you should be able to dial all VOIPo * codes to control your account if anyone has a few minutes to test that.

Star Code List: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1477

Xponder1
08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Is it recognizing the VOIPo numbers now for you guys?

If you mean when you first connect to it and then dial a VOIPo number then yes I just tested and that worked fine (for my number anyway). Caller id returned was Brivia Comm LLC 1-714-209-7280. That did not work before.

As for feature codes I logged in *MyNumber PASS and tried *67 twice and both times it immediately ended the call. I thought maybe it was because I was not dialing fast enough but the second time I was dialing none stop and it ended the call right after I hit the 7.

Used it to call my home voipo number and caller id info returned was that for the cell phone I was calling from. Is this how its supposed to work? I thought it was supposed to display your VOIPo number?

EDIT- Did some more testing and found that *26 (fail over to voicemail) does work but then tried *25number and it ended the call before I could finish dialing the fail over number.

I also wanted to mention that it seems there is no time out so once you login you can sit there forever with it saying "Please enter the number you wish to call or the feature code to access now" over and over. I would strongly recommend a time out.

Hope this helps.

VOIPoBrandon
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Xponder,

Could you PM me the dial sequence you are using for these tests, i.e. specific numbers etc, thanks!

Xponder1
08-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Xponder,

Could you PM me the dial sequence you are using for these tests, i.e. specific numbers etc, thanks!

PM sent. Was not sure what you wanted exactly so I did my best. If you need anything more just let me know.

VOIPoTim
08-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Has anyone else had a chance to test this?

The more feedback we can get this week, the better.

caseydoug
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Tim, here is a quick test. First I called in using my cell phone and entered my primary VOIPo number as the destination. I was connected quickly, and the CID showed my cell phone number.

Then I called in, again from my cell, pressed * and entered password, and tried to call 1-800-4444 as the destination. That is an MCI number that will read back the CID. I got a fast busy. I then tried it again, but without the "1" country code. I was quickly connected to MCI, which read back the CID as my cell phone. I can't recall whether this is the CID that is supposed to display using this feature. I assume it did not work using 11-digit dialing because you eventually want to enable international calling, but this should probably be fixed.

Finally, I called in and tried to enter a feature code (*23, do not disturb). It didn't like that and kept repeating, "Please enter the destination number or the feature code." So this also needs to be fixed.

Generally, the voice prompts were a lot clearer than the last time I tried to use this feature.

caseydoug
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Following up, I was going to try again using a different feature code, but right after entering my password the call was disconnected. I tried again with the same result. Have you taken it off line to work on it?

Xponder1
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Finally, I called in and tried to enter a feature code (*23, do not disturb). It didn't like that and kept repeating, "Please enter the destination number or the feature code." So this also needs to be fixed.

Generally, the voice prompts were a lot clearer than the last time I tried to use this feature.

It does not give a confirmation it just returns to the menu ("Please enter the destination number or the feature code."). Sounds like it was doing what it was supposed to. A message saying "Do not disturb enabled" might clear that up. I noticed when I set fail over to voicemail that it did not say anything and went back to the menu. I then logged in vpanel and checked and it had set fail over to voice mail (I normally have it fail over to another phone). That is how I noticed there is no time out because I just left my phone off the hook while I did it and it just kept repeating itself.

VOIPoTim
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
It'd be great if you guys could continue to test this as much as possible. There is some time blocked out this week for development on it and bugs are being addressed on it as reported.

We have a few new things being rolled out by the end of the month and this is one we hope to include.

caseydoug
08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
It does not give a confirmation it just returns to the menu ("Please enter the destination number or the feature code."). You are right! I just noticed a message on my voicemail, but I was sitting near the phone and it never rang. The "Do Not Disturb" must have been enabled, but I didn't know it. Some response would be most helpful, even the "Thank you" we get when we enable a feature from the primary phone.

I should also mention that the outbound calls made through this feature do not show up in the call logs on VPanel.

usa2k
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
It would be nice if you had press "**" to hear feature code options,
and pressing say "##" interrupted the help, back to dialing choices.
(Just thinking ...)

After some wrong dialing, have you considered a VOIPo human for assistance?

Calling my VOIPo number worked, and passed my cell phone ID.
Calling work gets the same "enter your destination number" as the response.(over each try)
(It says you can press * for more member features or some-such ...)
(Or if it said "That is not a valid VOIPo account number".)

If only valid VOIPo numbers work on answer, it should say "please enter a VOIPo phone number you wish to call. VOIPo accounts and features can be accessed by pressing *" - or something similar.

It is very impressive that VOIPo numbers can simply be dialed with the initial phone number. Will you have Canadian access numbers too?

The interface is seems very reliable and will be a great standard feature. I would like to register say 3 cell phone numbers, that let me dial out without all the account/password preamble. Is that possible, or are you worried that it will get spoofed?

If it was one stored number, then simply dialing the destination, it would get the WAF Approval. Anything less will get Geek Approval.

The In-Laws can as easily call from an Access Number to VOIPo number, so that will get the Relatives Approval (Except while they are in Canada for half of the year.)

Also, it would be nice if your outbound routing would work once logged in. After all, some of us probably remember our shortcuts better than actual numbers - Like "555" I have for work. (I usually dial "555#" because it connects faster.)

NICE WORK!

usa2k
08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Another Idea
========

How about an 800 call-back number that works in the USA and Canada?
You call it, and the 800 response says:

your number is "555-555-5555"
VOIPo, press 1 if this is correct (You press one.)
Please hang-up (You hang up)
(Your phone rings, you answer, and its the Remote Access service now connected.)

Archive that CID so next call, it merely says "VOIPo, please hang-up"

Maybe that is more cost effective in general?
Being a call-back, it minimizes the Toll-Free costs.

usa2k
08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
*30 does not block a call to my VOIPo number from my cell.
(I like that it tells you what you did.)
Calling the cell back from VOIPo said "Unavailable"

*31 did unblock the VOIPo CID feature and the interactive response said so.

Another thought on the HELP subject
** for the long list of * codes would be helpful
"**30" for example for a one code description because you think you know its "Permanently Block Caller ID".

"**code" is a great idea.
"**3" could give you all the "*3_" features ...
Just thinking user-friendly :)

Xponder1
08-18-2009, 05:48 PM
It'd be great if you guys could continue to test this as much as possible. There is some time blocked out this week for development on it and bugs are being addressed on it as reported.

We have a few new things being rolled out by the end of the month and this is one we hope to include.

Could we please get updates on here if something has changed that we have already mentioned? So we know to test it again?

caseydoug
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I like the fact that the voice prompt now alerts you to the specific feature change made. Any chance that could be implemented for star codes from primary lines as well? The generic "thank you" always leaves me wondering whether I got it right.

Russell
08-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Has anyone else had a chance to test this?

The more feedback we can get this week, the better.

My wife is making college related personal calls from work. She currently uses Google Voice to do so. Afaik, she can't use the method described in this thread (because the access number is not local). If I've missed something please point it out. Have you considered letting us call our home number (typically a local call) and after entering our PIN enabling out calling?

Xponder1
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Started Testing again tonight. I noticed some of the changes. Here was what I noticed. I confirmed these worked using Vpanel.

This works as expected. You dial *20 and it says to enter the number you want to forward your calls to. One thing I noticed is it does not repeat the number back or anything so short of logging in vpanel you have no idea if it worked (but it does). I would like for it to repeat the number back. Maybe even have it so if it already is set to forward it tells you what number calls are being forwarded to. Currently after you enter a number it goes back to the default "Please enter the number you wish to dial or feature code".

Works as expected and says call forwarding is disabled.

Works as expected and says Do not disturb busy enabled.

Works as expected and says do not disturb is set to voicemail

Works as expected and says dnd is disabled.

This works as expected. You dial *25 and it says to enter the number you want to fail over your calls to. One thing I noticed is it does not repeat the number back or anything so short of logging in vpanel you have no idea if it worked (but it does). I would like for it to repeat the number back. Maybe even have it so if it already is set to fail over it tells you what number calls are being fail overed to. Currently after you enter a number it goes back to the default "Please enter the number you wish to dial or feature code".

Works as expected and says fail over is set to voicemail

*27 - Blacklist Last Caller
Did not mess with this (Did not think it really applied in this)

When you dial *67 it then asks you to enter the number you wish to call privately. Tested and it works if you use a 10 digit number. Does not work if you dial a 7 digit number (not surprised by this really I was just testing). It also does not work if you use a 11 digit number 1+ (I think someone else mentioned this in a previous post).

Works as expected and tells you that caller id is blocked for all calls

Works as expected. It asks for the number to dial and when it calls it displays your VOIPo number on caller id and not the number your calling from. Unlike when you login with your number and pin and dial a number to call. When you do that it shows the number (caller id) your actually calling from (in my case my cell phone number).

Works as expected and tells you that caller id is unblocked for all calls.

Edit-
There is still no idle time out. It just repeats over and over please enter the number you wish to call or the feature code to access now. Left it doing it for more than 3 minutes. Really annoyed my wife too lol (had it on speaker phone haha).

Edit #2
Just noticed that it no longer says Bravia communications on caller id when someone calls in and does not login but instead just dials your voipo number. It returns their caller id info.

Hope this helps. ;)

Xponder1
08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
For anyone else testing it really does not take that long to use Vpanel and go threw and test every feature this thing has.

Just go down the list. Other than like two of them (call forwarding number and fail over number) you can stay connected the whole time and just run down this list.

*27 - Blacklist Last Caller Dunno if this one applies.

burris
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice clear list...thanks.

Tried a few and they worked, but didn't get a chance to test the following. If any of you have the answers-great.

What happens to those features that are programmed into the VPanel..such as failover..forwarding, etc., when the code system is used.
Does the code route overwrite those that are in the VPanel?
What happens when a code is reversed...does it then default back to the VPanel entry or does it wipe those out?

Xponder1
08-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Nice clear list...thanks.

Tried a few and they worked, but didn't get a chance to test the following. If any of you have the answers-great.

What happens to those features that are programmed into the VPanel..such as failover..forwarding, etc., when the code system is used.
Does the code route overwrite those that are in the VPanel?
What happens when a code is reversed...does it then default back to the VPanel entry or does it wipe those out?

It's just like changing it in Vpanel. If you set fail over to voice mail in vpanel and then use this to set fail over to a phone number then when you reload the page in vpanel it will show failover to number with the number. Change is immediate.

caseydoug
08-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Very Nice!

VOIPoTim
08-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Has anyone found any more problems with this?

Xponder1
08-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Has anyone found any more problems with this?

Ya its not accepting the * right now.
You know it says current customers can press * for more options. I am on the cell I have always used to test this.

Edit- It works again. Odd. I think Brandon tried calling me but my kids were gabbing on the phone and I missed the call.

caseydoug
08-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Any chance of implementing the same audible feedback for star codes input from VOIPo phones (i.e., instead of the generic "thank you")?

caseydoug
09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
The feature code for call forwarding does not seem to be working properly for me. It works from my cell phone, but not from my wife's cell phone (both Verizon). Since there is no confirmation, the only way I can tell is by looking at VPanel. My wife's cell phone does seem to work for disabling forwarding -- at least I got a recorded confirmation saying forwarding was disabled. I was also able to set forwarding from VPanel and disable it from her phone.

Also, with two VOIPo lines, it appears that each line can be controlled by calling from a phone listed in Beta/Mobile for that line. But if I call in from a phone listed as verified for one line, there does not seem to be a way to control the other line with that phone, even if I am willing to enter a number and password. Is there a way to bypass the automatic authentication that comes from verifying a phone so that I can, for example, use my cell phone to control my wife's line?

jfrizzell
10-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Any update on this going live? I just signed up for VOIPo service yesterday and this would be a great feature!

usa2k
12-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Once this is live, we'll have access numbers throughout the country and a few international ones as well.

Test Access Number: 714-209-7280
So this test access number is inactive now?
"This test number is unallocated ..."

Was it getting abuse?

VOIPoTim
12-13-2009, 07:48 PM
There is still a decent amount of work to be done to it. It's one of the first things on the feature list to be finished up after reseller so it can be pushed into BETA.

Brody
05-15-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm bumping this thread back up to see if the great Voipo developers have made any progress on this... I'd really love to see this come to fruition! Any news? I'm particularly interested in the dial out option...