PDA

View Full Version : Feature Code/Star Code List

VOIPoTim
06-12-2009, 11:35 PM
*20 - Call Forwarding (Include Destination Number)
Example: *205551113333

*21 - Disable Call Forwarding

*22 - Do Not Disturb - Send to Busy

*23 - Do Not Disturb - Send to Voicemail

*24 - Disable Do Not Disturb

*25 - Set Failover Number (Include Destination Number)
Example: *255551113333

*26 - Set Failover to Voicemail

*27 - Blacklist Last Caller

*67 - Block Caller ID (For Next Call Only)

*30 - Block Caller ID (For All Calls)

*68 - Unblock Caller ID (For One Call)

*31 - Unblock Caller ID (For All Calls)

MisterEd
08-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Are these codes updated and correct? I tried the *20<destnumber> call forwarding code and get a "thank you" response but forwarding doesn't work.

Yes, I know I can do it through vPanel.

Sorry ... I guess I didn't wait long enough. I did it again then reset my ATA and CF was active. (I see "strike" doesn't work :) )

zippy114
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
add *123 to access voicemail.

bridger
03-25-2011, 07:31 PM
You don't need to use the *. 123 will do it.

chevyman
08-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Tim

Why is the *68 - unBlock Caller ID (For Next Call Only) is used when for the last 15+ years POTS have been using *82 - unBlock Caller ID (For Next Call Only)???

usa2k
08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
This seems a longer list.
http://www.voip.com/help/residential/features/general_features/star_codes.aspx

In the old beta testing days, I understood VOIPo used codes from recognized standards.
I think those old treads are gone now, but I recall one of the VOIPo engineers posted
a link to these standards.

chevyman
08-18-2011, 08:11 PM

In the old beta testing days, I understood VOIPo used codes from recognized standards.
I think those old treads are gone now, but I recall one of the VOIPo engineers posted

i think this needs to be changed to *82 because my tmobile, qwest even teleblend a voip uses it. and just the other day i call someone with my number blocked and a recording can on saying "the you are calling do not accept blocked call, please hung up dial *82 your number be unblock for this call only" I could see this being a customer service issue when my customers call me saying they dialed *82 and it didn't let the call through.

I think out of all the *codes the *67 and *82 are the ones that will have the most problems with customers. the other *codes are all over the board with what other carriers use.

chevyman
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM

i think this needs to be changed to *82 because my tmobile, qwest even teleblend a voip uses it. and just the other day i call someone with my number blocked and a recording came on saying "the number you are calling do not accept blocked calls, please hang up dial *82 your number will be unblock for this call only" I could see this being a customer service issue when my customers call me saying they dialed *82 and it didn't let the call through.

I think out of all the *codes the *67 and *82 are the ones that will have the most problems with customers. the other *codes are all over the board with what other carriers use.

BillG49
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM

Sorry, but I think that link is for a different company.

ThorsDad
09-04-2011, 08:55 PM
What about this one:

*28 - Call Record
Example: *288005558355 would record a call to 8005558355

chevyman
10-15-2011, 11:01 PM
So is someone from VOIPo going to answer the question on using *82 instead of *68 to unblock CID next call like all the other carriers do?

Timothy Dick? Someone?

VOIPoTim
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
So is someone from VOIPo going to answer the question on using *82 instead of *68 to unblock CID next call like all the other carriers do?

Timothy Dick? Someone?

Our codes are unique to our system and are not based on what other companies do. We've had the same set of codes for over 3 years.

In the situation of the CID blocking one, we had to use a unique one because certain models of devices/ATAs we use will "intercept" the common code and try to handle it on its own rather than passing it onto our servers to handle.

I will add your suggestion about it to our feedback list though and we can consider it in future updates.

holmes4
10-18-2011, 11:47 AM
*82 for unblocking CID has been what Verizon/Fairpoint have used in this area for many years. *68 is unknown to me.