PDA

View Full Version : Porting number later

upgrumpy
06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I am on the fence wanting to jump in voipo but have a couple of questions maybe someone here can help with.

1. If I sign up for service and get a number, can I at a later date (after deciding I like and want to keep the service) port over my SW Bell number?

2. Can they tell me in advance if they have local numbers in my area? I live in a medium size city in Missouri and I know vontage does not have my town for local numbers.

Thanks
Scott

VOIPoJames
06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I
1. If I sign up for service and get a number, can I at a later date (after deciding I like and want to keep the service) port over my SW Bell number?

2. Can they tell me in advance if they have local numbers in my area? I live in a medium size city in Missouri and I know vontage does not have my town for local numbers.

1) Certainly can.

2) Sure if you could PM me your address and the city you'd like a number in we have a few alternate sources to purchase numbers though.

Cheers,
James
VOIPo Support Team

wthart
08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes to both of those questions! I would just give them a call to see if there is number available in your area; but, I think they can a number just about anywhere, if you ask.

scott2020
08-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I live in a more rural area of MO than St. Joe and they found a number for me! ;)

burris
11-13-2009, 08:40 AM
It's nice to have a thread for pre-sales questions, but the spam is ridiculous.

I suppose the only choice is to keep the forum admin busy deleting them..

B2ntx
11-17-2009, 12:54 AM
That is exactly the process I followed and it worked out perfectly. I also started on the monthly plan so I could be certain I liked the service before I made a longer term commitment.

I think you'll find these guys have done an exemplary job of thinking these issues through and making it easy to use their service. The tech support is extremely good. The only rough edges are the lack of user documentation for advanced features, but most of those answers can be found in the user forums.

Hope it works out as well for you as it did for me.

usa2k
11-17-2009, 06:03 PM
The nice thing about VOIPo is they do not charge for Line Number Portability (LNP).

If you have a VOIPo number and people like it, but you want to LNP your old number, or a cell number, or ... you can always have them bring it in (LNP) as a Virtual Number. Its $4.95 a month or $36 a year. No LNP charge.

johndavid
11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.adsoluble.com/user/F/N.gifYep and I am sure glad that they do