PDA

View Full Version : Serious vPanel Request

caseydoug
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
This has been asked before, but this time I really mean it: PLEASE shorten the default time window for Call History.

The page takes forever to load, and hangs my computer when it's loading, to the point that it's almost unusable. Opening the Call History to the current day would be just fine, and users could extend that as they choose.

Thanks.

Xponder1
06-23-2009, 03:45 PM
This has been asked before, but this time I really mean it: PLEASE shorten the default time window for Call History.

The page takes forever to load, and hangs my computer when it's loading, to the point that it's almost unusable. Opening the Call History to the current day would be just fine, and users could extend that as they choose.

Thanks.

+rep
I feel your pain!

usa2k
06-24-2009, 03:07 AM
I guess roughly 20 instances a day makes mine fast.
Defaulting to a week of call history should be a sufficient start.
Perhaps a preference setting?
xx days
x inbound
x outbound

KenH
06-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Not saying that you don't have an issue with the call logs, but mine loads instantly. Of course, I don't receive/make many calls each day. Is that a factor?

stenger
06-24-2009, 07:09 AM
I thought this was a problem with just me. I am running a top of the line desktop and am having lockups with the call history page as well. In fact it is basically unusable. I'm not sure it has to do with the length of the call log but more to do with the scripting of the page. It used to work with no issues but at least for the last month it locks up my browser to an unusable state while using massive cpu cycles. There is definitely something strange happening there.

sr98user
06-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Mine shows about 4 months worth of incoming and outgoing calls. It takes about 45 seconds to load. But you can see the newer calls while its loading.

They do have a "Rows per page" setting under Features->Preferences->Display. But that does not seem to work.

fisamo
06-24-2009, 07:13 AM
If one default setting is to be used by all, I'd recommend either current day and previous day (as opposed to last 48 hours) or previous week, including current day. Of course, I would think this setting could be added to the "Preferences" page within vPanel to make everyone happy. :)

caseydoug
06-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Mine shows about 4 months worth of incoming and outgoing calls. It takes about 45 seconds to load. But you can see the newer calls while its loading.

I can see the newer calls while it's loading, but if I try to click on anything, it just hangs until the non-visible pages have finished loading.

I do have a lot of calls, which is why it gets worse every day.

Xponder1
06-24-2009, 10:17 AM
This issue is not a case of your computer or internet is too slow. This is because too much data is being pulled from the database at once. Then take into consideration all the other people using it at the same time and its going to be slow. There is nothing a user can do to speed it up.

It takes almost 10 seconds for mine to load. It loads data from back in February and thats with lite usage. If you use the phone a lot your page will load much slower.

This really needs changed to last 24 - 48 hours of calls. That would take less than a second to load. There is a search function that can be used if someone wants more than that.

stenger
06-24-2009, 10:43 AM
If it was just a server side issue however there shouldn't be such a massive spike in Cpu cycles or a lockup of the entire browser on our end.

KenH
06-24-2009, 11:04 AM
A followup to my earlier comment.

Something has changed. The call log is now 28531px high! I am now seeing calls back to Feb 25; in spite of having rows-per-page set to 25.

caseydoug
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
It takes almost 10 seconds for mine to load. It loads data from back in February and thats with lite usage. If you use the phone a lot your page will load much slower.

I would be happy if mine could load in 10 seconds. Mine takes about two minutes to see anything on the page, and about four minutes before you can scroll down the page or switch tabs. Each page is quite large, and it shows tabs for about a dozen pages. In addition to being slow to load, the performance is poor even after the page has fully loaded. It takes about 15 seconds between the time I click on a number and the time the routing dialog pops up. It takes another 15 seconds to close the dialog.

I just noticed something else strange. I said there are tabs for a dozen pages. Each page shows calls back about a month when I began service -- i.e., all of the pages are identical.

I just used display preferences to shorten the page. As someone else said, it did not shorten the page: each page shows calls back to May 26. But now there are 32 identical pages!

KenH
06-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, I have 5-pages available and they are all the same, Jun 24 - Feb 25.

This happened once before and was corrected in short order.

If you haven't already done so, submit a ticket.

caseydoug
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I did (just now) submit a ticket, and was told that a solution will be pushed out shortly. Stay tuned.

VOIPoTim
06-24-2009, 02:38 PM
We're going to update it so by default it only shows the last 50-100 calls by default.

caseydoug
06-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks, Tim.

But please also note the other problems mentioned: shortening the table length in Features/Preferences/Display seems to have no effect, and when there are multiple pages, they all show the same time window. So the fix needs to involve more than just the default time window.

Xponder1
06-24-2009, 03:05 PM
We're going to update it so by default it only shows the last 50-100 calls by default.

Thanks Tim! Works much better now.

tritch
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
It takes about 15 seconds between the time I click on a number and the time the routing dialog pops up. It takes another 15 seconds to close the dialog.

I reported the routing dialog pop up problem a couple of months ago and nothing was done about it. Whatever was done yesterday has fixed this problem too. It now pops up instantly. Better late than never.....

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1382

caseydoug
06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I reported the routing dialog pop up problem a couple of months ago and nothing was done about it.

You need to use those big red letters. :)