PDA

View Full Version : Dialing discovery

burris
06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I have found a source of a problem that caused me to contact support in the past, but by the time we tested, the problem went away..

When I dial any number 10-11 digits no problem. However, if I have had to add any number of digits for menu access and I typically use redial with the added digits to call that number again, I get a busy signal. When I simply re-enter the basic number, it goes right through.

If this has been discussed before, I missed it...senior moment of course, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced and recognized this.

fisamo
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
It sounds like the default dial plans of the ATAs do not include the "S0" once the 10-digit or 11-digit patterns are matched. The NANPA-matching portion of the dial plan should look like this (assuming the server prepends the correct area code when 7 digits are dialed):

NXXXXXXS2|NXXNXXXXXXS0|1NXXNXXXXXXS0

The 7-digits needs an S1 or S2 (instead of S0), or ten digit dialing will not be possible. If the S0 is in the dialplan where it belongs, extra digits should be ignored by the PAP if you dial too many...

Xponder1
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I have found a source of a problem that caused me to contact support in the past, but by the time we tested, the problem went away..

When I dial any number 10-11 digits no problem. However, if I have had to add any number of digits for menu access and I typically use redial with the added digits to call that number again, I get a busy signal. When I simply re-enter the basic number, it goes right through.

If this has been discussed before, I missed it...senior moment of course, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced and recognized this.

Only way I can see them resolving this is by creating a *code to redial the last dialed number.