PDA

View Full Version : Question/Suggestion re Outbound Routing

caseydoug
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Is it possible to program a pause or wait into the outbound route number? If not, it would be a great feature.

I was trying to figure an easy way to check voicemail for my virtual number: dial 832-838-7000, pause, enter the VN mailbox number, pause, enter PIN. It would be nice if I could do that by dialing "124."

A pause would make outbound routing a lot more powerful.

caseydoug
07-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Answer: pause is not supported. So consider this a feature request.

TomP
07-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I haven't tried this, but would a comma "," (or 2) inserted in the # string work? i.e. 123-456-7890,,1,,1234

usa2k
07-03-2009, 06:10 PM
... It would be nice if I could do that by dialing "124" ... I vote that each VM should have a 3 digit alias
that can bypass the password on the home ATA.

123 for primary, 124, 125, 126 ... for VN assignments that have VM.

This would be an outstanding feature.

VOIPo seems to be in the feature development mode.
I expect this would be an easy feature.

fisamo
07-04-2009, 04:40 AM
I haven't tried this, but would a comma "," (or 2) inserted in the # string work? i.e. 123-456-7890,,1,,1234

The problem with implementing a feature like this is that the outbound routes typically send an invite with the number to be "dialed" and do not easily add DTMF sequences after the call is connected. In other words, when you dial 9-1-9-5-5-5-1-2-1-2 on your ATA, you dial the discrete DTMF tones, but the ATA doesn't send anything until it matches a dial pattern (it simply sends an invite to "9195551212" at the media gateway. It doesn't "hold back" digits to be sent as DTMF tones later.

I vote that each VM should have a 3 digit alias
that can bypass the password on the home ATA.

123 for primary, 124, 125, 126 ... for VN assignments that have VM.

This would be an outstanding feature.

VOIPo seems to be in the feature development mode.
I expect this would be an easy feature.

For some reason I thought Voipo was going to have 123 as the primary VM access number and 124 as a number that would prompt you for a mailbox number... I have to say, though, I like the thought of assigning a "Voicemail Access Number" per voicemail box.

caseydoug
07-04-2009, 09:39 AM
The problem with implementing a feature like this is that the outbound routes typically send an invite with the number to be "dialed" and do not easily add DTMF sequences after the call is connected.

Good point. I should have thought of that. I suppose I could accomplish the same thing using my phone's speed dial feature, however.

For some reason I thought Voipo was going to have 123 as the primary VM access number and 124 as a number that would prompt you for a mailbox number... I have to say, though, I like the thought of assigning a "Voicemail Access Number" per voicemail box.

I do have 223 set up as an outbound route to dial 832-838-7000, which prompts for a mailbox number (I would have used 124 except that the outbound routing feature doesn't like input strings that begin with "1").

It's funny: recently, when I would try to dial my virtual number mailbox directly, it would ring, but then I would get dead air. I put in a ticket, and after several adjustments, support fixed it so that it would work. A few days later, I noticed that it was not working again, so I put in another ticket. I then got a response from Tim saying that the system does not support calling your own VN (to avoid looping). I think the VN feature has changed over time, because this thread -- http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1036 -- indicates that calling your own VN was supported at one time.

It would be nice to have a code to get into the VN mailbox with fewer keypresses.