PDA

View Full Version : No inbound Service - Maintenance Related?

stenger
07-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Anyone else down this morning? Service was fine when I went to bed last night. Now the caller just gets dead air with no ringing and eventually gets voicemail. I get the phone ring but no one is on the line. Also no calls are being logged on the Vpanel. Is this related to the Maintenance last night? All my ports are forwarded correctly. In fact no changes to my setup in months.

Darn Peculiar...Reset the adapter for the upteenth time and now my inbound call worked but still no call logs.

KenH
07-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Anyone else down this morning? Service was fine when I went to bed last night. Now the caller just gets dead air with no ringing and eventually gets voicemail. I get the phone ring but no one is on the line. Also no calls are being logged on the Vpanel. Is this related to the Maintenance last night? All my ports are forwarded correctly. In fact no changes to my setup in months.

Darn Peculiar...Reset the adapter for the upteenth time and now my inbound call worked but still no call logs.

I had a problem with dead air on an incoming call at 9:52 AM EDST. ATA unregistered.

Rebooting router & ATA did not correct.

ATA was set to east01. Changed to central01 and ATA registered. Back to normal now.

sr98user
07-15-2009, 08:35 AM
I just lost registration. Error on the config page is "Can't connect to login server". I am on east01.voipwelcome.com. But right now, they have the IP address instead of the name in the configuration. I can ping the IP address 208.43.68.151. BTW, my PAP2 has a n uptime of 11 hours and I did not reboot it.

dswartz
07-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Down here too. Asterisk is showing 'registration sent' and the vpanel shows a valid registration. I noted another oddity last night - I called 411 and got:

"Got SIP response 603 "Decline - Invalid Phone Number" back from 208.43.97.218" I did not try again, since I got busy with something else. Ticket time I guess.

sr98user
07-15-2009, 08:39 AM
It just reconnected for me.

dswartz
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
I bounced my server and everything came back :(

rjbasye
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Mine just came back up after getting the can't login to server error. Vpanel doesn't show what server I'm connected to.

dswartz
07-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Mine just came back up after getting the can't login to server error. Vpanel doesn't show what server I'm connected to.

I see the same thing: "you are currently registered to" with nothing.

fisamo
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
I have finally implemented a monitoring script on my Voipo trunk, and it showed the trunk to be down between 1-3AM today (I assume the maint window), and again from about 10am - 10:35am this morning. I register to east01, and my script monitor runs every 5 minutes (on the 5's and 0's). If it goes up and down between those times, my script won't detect it (because I don't need it running all the time and don't need 60 emails/hr if I do something silly that causes a failure). I haven't gotten a 'down' notice since 10:35 this morning.

dswartz
07-15-2009, 09:12 AM
could you share the script, please? having something like that just moved up on my list of priorities, and while i know i can code this, i'd rather not reinvent the wheel :) thanks!

usa2k
07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Mine has been good. Don't know how long after a test call I should see history? All previous history is on vPanel.

Network preferences say "You are currently connected to:"

Devices show I am registered.

They are readying enhancements of some sort, but I don't expect that any are live ...

Inbound works from my cell.

VOIPoTim
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
This was unrelated to the maintenance.

One of our system admins was not following company policy and was doing work (rotating logs and adding new logs) on one of the nodes when they should not have been

An entire partition filled almost instantly with new logs and this caused a load issue on it.

There is no reason this should have happened and it would have not if policy had been followed.

fisamo
07-15-2009, 09:56 AM
could you share the script, please? having something like that just moved up on my list of priorities, and while i know i can code this, i'd rather not reinvent the wheel :) thanks!

It would have taken me a while to learn how to code this, not because it seems terribly difficult, but because I have pretty much zero background in PHP, perl, or bash programming. I'm all for not reinventing the wheel!

If you go to this thread on the pbxinaflash forum, there are two scripts of interest.

http://www.pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1968

Post #12 has a bash script that goes in the 'monitor trunk failures' box in FreePBX. This script will only run if someone attempts to make a call on that trunk and the call fails. (It won't monitor registrations.)

Post #31 has a perl script that does monitor registrations. I took it as is (thanks to those who posted and refined it, by the way!!) and set it to run every 5 mins via cron.

dswartz
07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Ah, thanks. Since I am now running PIAF this is cool :)

fisamo
07-15-2009, 10:02 AM
NP. It looks like the failed call script (post 12) should work with any Asterisk/FreePBX distro, and the trunk monitoring one (post 31) should work with any Asterisk implementation, if my understanding of Asterisk is correct.

voxabox
07-15-2009, 12:38 PM
uhm,
MISSING "start time" in "call history"

edit: Never mind, someone must have read my mind, it's back now!

sr98user
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I lost registration again with 208.43.68.151 and it came back after 5 minutes.

scott2020
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I am having a lot of trouble staying connected to the new nodes, such as the 174.37.x.x IP addresses. My asterisk box is set to qualify and connections to that IP keeps dropping and re-registering. It has been happening all day.

EDIT: My trace routes show a lot of loss in the tbone.rr.com paths. I hope we don't have to rely on Road Runner to carry our traffic.

EDIT2: These rr.com routes change every time. Sometimes my traffic goes from Missouri to LAX and all the way back to East, when I trace to there. It is really terrible. 300ms + latency and tons of lost packets. Traces to west are the best so far so I might change it.

VOIPoBrandon
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I am having a lot of trouble staying connected to the new nodes, such as the 174.37.x.x IP addresses. My asterisk box is set to qualify and connections to that IP keeps dropping and re-registering. It has been happening all day.

EDIT: My trace routes show a lot of loss in the tbone.rr.com paths. I hope we don't have to rely on Road Runner to carry our traffic.

Scott -- this node has been stable if you are seeing service issues, it may definitely indeed be between the route of your network and ours. Have you tried any of our other nodes?

Please try a connection to sip-east01.voipwelcome.com -- advise how this works out for you, thanks!