PDA

View Full Version : Network Preferences

ropeguru
07-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Just looked at my network preferences and realized that it is not showing who I am registered to. Has something been changed?? Was this feature still in beta and still under developpment and subject to show no info??

ropeguru
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Well, now it is back...

dswartz
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
back here too.

VOIPoTim
07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
We added several new nodes last night in both Dallas and Washington DC.

So what happened is some of you were connected to different IPs than normal and we forgot to add them into this page so that it knows what IPs are "East", what ones are "West", etc.

So most of you were connected to "unknown" IPs and it didn't know what they were.

voxabox
07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Does this (Network Preferences) setting reflect/remember the specific server as preferred one OR function as a server switcher?

The reason, I ask because many matter which server I selected/saved, the selection box always, reverted back to "East"

Cheers,
-v

VOIPoTim
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
It's a "preference" but sometimes we do route traffic differently depending on load and network conditions. Usually you'll eventually be routed back to your preferred node.

We didn't want to do an actual "selector" since we need to be able to manage the traffic without people overriding it. We saw this with ViaTalk where people would all switch to certain nodes, get upset when moved, etc.

voxabox
07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Tim, thanks much