PDA

View Full Version : Vpanel session timeout

Xponder1
07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Is it just me or is the Vpanel session expiring a little too fast as of late?
I remember them fixing it before and now I feel like I am logging back in once a hour.

caseydoug
07-18-2009, 12:33 AM
I've noticed that too.

usa2k
07-18-2009, 03:59 AM
I find I am logging in perhaps 6 times a day! :(

Once a day is preferred, never logged out is even fine by me.
Logged out when the browser is closed is fine.

Some sessions can exist as long as the browser is open. If you close a tab on the browser to a site, the access is still there when the site is navigated to again. Close the whole browser and the session ends. Other sites can persist between browser closings. Conversely, sessions can be set to expire based on a time of inactivity. I bet that the vPanel is set to an hour or less!

gbh2o
07-18-2009, 07:50 AM
I believe that for both security and resource management reasons, VOIPo should terminate any open session in which no activity has been detected for over 15 minutes (and that's being generous). They could give a warning and prompt for an active human response before disconnecting, but should proceed with termination of the connection in the absence of a valid response. It's really easy to log in again after lunch, or a visit to the home 'library.'

Perhaps there is justification for longer periods for commercial or bulk accounts, but I can think of few reasons for residential type accounts.

Just my opinion...

Russell
07-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I believe that for both security and resource management reasons, VOIPo should terminate any open session in which no activity has been detected for over 15 minutes (and that's being generous). They could give a warning and prompt for an active human response before disconnecting, but should proceed with termination of the connection in the absence of a valid response. It's really easy to log in again after lunch, or a visit to the home 'library.'

Perhaps there is justification for longer periods for commercial or bulk accounts, but I can think of few reasons for residential type accounts.

Just my opinion...

I on the other hand like to keep a browser window open and just have to press the refresh button when the spirit moves me :-).