PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered

kbuck320
07-21-2009, 08:54 AM
I've had VOIPO for about a week now .. didn't have any problems until this morning.

Looked at the PAP2, phone1 light was dark, the web interface said something along the lines of "cannot reach server" for registration.

I cycled power, but that didn't fix it. The Pap2 is behind my router, so I rebooted the router as well. No luck.

I left it alone for 20-30 minutes, and it eventually came back to life.

Questions:

1. Was there a glitch this morning, 7:30-8:30am CST? (Could have been much earlier, I wouldn't have known.)

2. Does that happen often?

I had a voip service for a couple months about 2 years ago, and it just wasn't solid enough to use it so I pulled the plug and waited a couple years in hopes that the products would be more solid. -- So far, VOIPO has had perfect sound quality for me .. but this registration problem gave me concern again.

VOIPoJames
07-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Good afternoon,

There has been no glitches, nor outages on our end in quite some time. Best bet would be if this continues to be an issue to open a support ticket for a more detailed look.

I've also bumped your nat keep alive to check every 5 minutes for connectivity. Basically if you are seeing "cannot connect to server" within the pap2's GUI, your local NAT / Firewall settings are probably blocking our re-registration request. Be sure to disable if active any SPI / ALG SIP firewall within your router as this type of Stateful Packet Inspection is well known to cause issues with VOIP services.

Cheers,
-James

kbuck320
07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
James-

Thanks for your response!

Here's my follow up .. I'd be happy to fuss around with my router settings .. but .. I don't believe that would explain why registration was working seemingly fine since I got the Pap2 hooked up last week .. nor how it's registered now.

GeekJedi
07-29-2009, 08:30 PM
You may also try restarting your router. I had the exact same problem, and rebooting the PAP didn't fix it.

I submitted a ticket, and before I got a reply back, forgot that I hadn't done the most basic thing - reboot the router. I did that, and the PAP immediately registered. I felt kind of silly for opening a ticket! :)

So anyway, the router can "go stupid" even if it was previously working.