PDA

View Full Version : When to open a ticket..

kbuck320
08-04-2009, 09:15 AM
So .. I've had VoipO for 2-3 weeks now .. and we've really only used it perhaps a dozen times. Unfortunately, about 1/3rd of those calls we've had problems.

Just a moment ago, the phone rang, I got it on the 1st or 2nd ring, but no one was there. Turns out the caller was in voice mail already.

But there've been a few other glitches. Parties hearing DTMF tones. Audio silence for 5-10 seconds, then back normally. (Usually the audio quality is quite good.)

So my question is .. since this is such a new service, should I be opening tickets for issues like this, based on one call problem, or waiting for a "pattern" to arrive, then open one? -- Or posting them here, instead, as they aren't exactly pressing matters.

(So far .. the Wife Acceptance Factor is not going so well.)

VOIPoJames
08-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Good morning,

In most cases, your VOIPo service will work properly without any additional action.

If you are experiencing any of the following issues, your router or modem may need additional configuration:

No audio
Incoming calls not ringing
Dropped calls

Nearly all issues can be resolved with these steps:

1) Assign a static IP to your VOIPo adapter in your router
2) Enable port forwarding and forward the following port ranges to the new static IP. Make sure to forward the entire range of ports and not just the first and last port.

5060 – 5080 (UDP/TCP) and 35000 – 65000 (UDP)

3) If your router has a SIP ALG option we recommend disabling this.
4) If you are using other VOIP devices on your network, please contact our support team so we can make sure the devices will not conflict and make appropriate configuration changes.

If you need any help with these, don't know what they are, or need any other assistance, please contact our support team.

support@voipo.com
877-99-VOIPo
949-829-4200

kbuck320
08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks. I didn't have my ports forwarded. Hopefully that will resolve these issues.