PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone echos ?

roehrle
08-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Lately I have been getting a very annoying echo when I use my cell to call home. Any suggestions ??

burris
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Lately I have been getting a very annoying echo when I use my cell to call home. Any suggestions ??

Cell phones seem to have this problem.

I solved mine by turning down the volume on the cell as well as the volume on the home phones. Your problem may be different.

You might also go into the VPanel and find the screen that lets you select how your audio is routed and adjust the system levels at the same time.

ptrowski
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM

Have you tried from another house etc or is it just on cell phones?

roehrle
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
No other people have complained while talking to me on my land line .using their cell phone

jborchart
08-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm also having trouble with cell phones. I can talk to the same person on a land line and on a cell phone. On the land line, they hear a faint echo sometimes that you really have to listen for. On a cell phone, they hear themselves perfectly clearly about a second later on everything they say. In the last test, it was an AT&T cell vs a 1970's era phone on a landline.

bill875
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I too am having problems with echo being heard by anyone talking to us from a cell phone. Also, I sometimes get what sounds like the very start of microphone feedback, where it sounds like hollow tunnel, but it never gets to the point of where you get the high pitched sound. Again, this only happens with cell phones.

I thought it might be my phones, so I tried calls from both my trusty old AT&T Trimline phone from the 80's and my Uniden cordless phone. Both experience the same problem.

We are not happy about this as we never saw either problem with AT&T CallVantage VoIP :(

bwyatt
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Experienced this issue today also. I called home from my verizon cellphone and it was objectionable on my end. Wife did not notice it on the landline voipo at home.

Received a call from sister-in-law from her cellphone and wife reported hearing the echo on the voipo line. (Don't know the provider of the cell and this could have been a questionable connection.)

ptrowski
08-31-2009, 08:22 AM
I had it some when my wife called from the house to my office line.