PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Features/Enhancements

VOIPoTim
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM
We're going to be announcing some new features/enhancements in the next few days.

Anyone care to speculate what's coming?

eroomjt
08-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Ability to add phone number to contact list from the call log?
Final Simul Ring & Multiple Emails for Voicemail with easy on/off?
Change Greatings on the fly from vPanel, not call in to voicemail?
SOME KIND OF VOIP CLIENT FOR iPHONE? (is that vPanel????, na)?
iPBX features?

Xponder1
08-19-2009, 04:31 PM
We're going to be announcing some new features/enhancements in the next few days.

VOIPo connect, mutiple simul ring numbers, and a new improved time out for vpanel logins (like never times out....).

Ok so my list is 75% of my wish list. Sue me. You know your dieing to tell us.;)

EDIT- HMM Brandon already fixed Vpanel (I think.. have not tested it) so scratch that.

eroomjt
08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh, and a Call Record feature that works?

Xponder1
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM

I was not aware call record did not work. What is wrong with it?
Edit off topic but Tim did you know that support tickets are getting emailed displaying html tags?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Insert a name here,<BR>
<BR>
Your Ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Ticket ID: </b>RSE-677109<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Subject: </b>Unable to receive calls<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Department: </b><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Priority: </b><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Status: </b><BR>

caseydoug
08-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Busy- and No-Answer forwarding?

The ability to add contacts from the call logs?

Ask a question like that, and you're going to get a wish list. :)

VOIPoJustin
08-19-2009, 04:58 PM

You'll want to shoot in a ticket (if you haven't already) to our support team if you're experiencing issues; we have had few reported problems with the beta recording feature (most of which have been issues where the attachment coming in via email is larger than the user's mail server is willing to accept).

Xponder1
08-19-2009, 05:56 PM
You'll want to shoot in a ticket (if you haven't already) to our support team if you're experiencing issues; we have had few reported problems with the beta recording feature (most of which have been issues where the attachment coming in via email is larger than the user's mail server is willing to accept).

I would like to see the ability to download recordings from Vpanel instead of email.

Vumes
08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Free long distance to countries around the world like Vonage just announced it was going to do? ;)

Russell
08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Free long distance to countries around the world like Vonage just announced it was going to do? ;)

I veto that. Nothing is free. If it costs VOIPo we customers will end up paying for it and I don't want to subsidize those who want it. There are plenty of inexpensive plans for those who care about such things. Or, if you think your usage is going to be off the wall, join Vonage or some big company which can afford to take a hit or two.

Brian
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Simulring to multiple numbers? Find-me forwarding? Voicemail-only option for Express accounts that can be setup without going through support? :)

Vumes
08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I veto that. Nothing is free. If it costs VOIPo we customers will end up paying for it and I don't want to subsidize those who want it. There are plenty of inexpensive plans for those who care about such things. Or, if you think your usage is going to be off the wall, join Vonage or some big company which can afford to take a hit or two.

Veto it all you want. Tim asked for speculation, and I jokingly gave it to him. This thread is about Voipo customers speculating on new features/enhancements.

Secondly, I came from Vonage and am a very happy Voipo customer. Speculation is what he wanted, and that's what I gave him.

usa2k
08-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Wild speculation. Nothing I know about.

Canadian Residential accounts

Not just add-on virtual numbers.
Low introductory promo pricing
(Canadian billing address needed.)

Cell-Canada-Connect

An agreement with major USA cell companies to hand off calls
to VOIPo to complete calls to Canada.
Also sold as a metered service for people without VOIPo Residential.

Cell-USA-Connect

An agreement with major Canadian cell companies to hand off calls
to VOIPo to complete calls to the USA.
Also sold as a metered service for people without VOIPo Residential.

VOIPo-Screen-Connect

A device that streams your VM in real time by pressing "LISTEN".
Allows the call to be answered by pressing "CONNECT"
(The device says "Stand by, connecting", and re-rings your VOIPo number.)

Can also direct play messages from VOIPo VM,
Pressing "CONNECT" wile hearing the message will call the CID.

scott2020
08-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Veto it all you want. Tim asked for speculation, and I jokingly gave it to him. This thread is about Voipo customers speculating on new features/enhancements.

Secondly, I came from Vonage and am a very happy Voipo customer. Speculation is what he wanted, and that's what I gave him.

Veto. That's rich! I can't stop laughing! :p

fisamo
08-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Nationwide network of Voipo Connect numbers - a local call from at least the top 100 'markets' (at least one location per state)...

Enhancements to DND/Simulring to allow 'emergency override' and 'call confirmation', respectively. In other words, active DND sends incoming calls to a recording where the caller can choose to go to voicemail or override DND and ring the Voipo phone (Voipo user would have to enable 'emergency override' feature). Call confirmation would be that if simulring is active and an incoming call is 'answered' by the simulring target phone, the person answering the phone would have to press 1 to accept the call (to ensure that a human has answered and not a VM system). More than one simulring target, too. :)

Call logs - cumulative stats (e.g. total inbound, total outbound, aggregate total) for range of calls displayed... (I thought usage totals were on the call logs, but I haven't seen them recently.)

vPanel enhancements - more up-front documentation/context-sensitive help integrated into the feature screens...

Other DND enhancements: Scheduling, 'countdown' (e.g. start DND for the next 3 hours, after which it turns off automatically)

Easier-to-use Contact management system in vPanel?

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Streaming music and video to the display on your phone
The ability to "beam" the caller to the callee, and vice versa
Health care reform
:)

ptrowski
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM
A solid MWI that goes off once the message is deleted?
Peace in the Middle East?

usa2k
08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
A solid MWI that goes off once the message is deleted?
Peace in the Middle East? One out of two already from where I am! :)

frankd1
08-20-2009, 02:42 PM

Call recording has never worked for me. I did some troubleshooting with you in the forums a while back

(see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1526&highlight=record&page=2)

and I just submitted a ticket on it (Ticket ID IFX-260757).

Xponder1
08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Stop teasing us and spill the beans Tim. I know its eating at you. You can not wait to tell us.

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I found another one, I think. When you click on a call in the call log, it now shows the number in addition to the name. That is something I have wanted but have forgotten to mention. Thanks.

Xponder1
08-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I found another one, I think. When you click on a call in the call log, it now shows the number in addition to the name. That is something I have wanted but have forgotten to mention. Thanks.

Oh thats slick..

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Another one, and this one is really good! Go to the Beta panel and take a look. Hint: it's a new menu item.

usa2k
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
The cats are jumping out of the bag.
Can this feature be undone if you don't always want that?

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
The cats are jumping out of the bag.
Can this feature be undone if you don't always want that?I suspect you go back to the main account, go to Beta/2nd Line, and "upgrade" it by selecting your primary number as the number for line two. Hopefully then your virtual number will return.

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I suspect you go back to the main account, go to Beta/2nd Line, and "upgrade" it by selecting your primary number as the number for line two. Hopefully then your virtual number will return.

Yeah it does. Just select the primary number again and it goes back to the way it was.

Montano
08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
All I want for Christmas is Call Blocking By NAME :)

I mean it's amazing that we can block calls by number, but not by name. It doesn't have to work perfectly, since some calls don't pass CNAM info, but I'll take a BETA version !!

Edit: Imagine the press you would get by being the first company to have Call Blocking By Name ;)

Brian
08-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah it does. Just select the primary number again and it goes back to the way it was.

I have a fax line (888 number) and this shows up as an option for line 2. Should that be there?

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
I have a fax line (888 number) and this shows up as an option for line 2. Should that be there?

Nope, good catch.

Brian
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Nope, good catch.

Also, will there be SimulRing options, etc with the 2nd number/line?

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah it does. Just select the primary number again and it goes back to the way it was.Tim, this is a terrific feature, and one that I have really wanted in order to replicate the setup I had with my (much more expensive) previous provider.

A couple of small points:

The second line will not take an E911 address. Is it set up to simply use the address for the primary line? In an emergency, if I inadvertently call 911 on line 2, I want to be sure my address will be sent.

Line 2 does not recognize the contact list from Line 1, which is fine. It sure would be nice, however, if there were a way to export and import to and from the contact list to avoid all that reentry.

Thanks.

Edit: Strike point #1. The address info is now showing up on Line 2.

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Also, will there be SimulRing options, etc with the 2nd number/line?

It's basically a full 2nd account minus BYOD options. It's automatically added to the dropdown at the top.

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Not only simulring, but multiple numbers with simulring!

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Not only simulring, but multiple numbers with simulring!

Yeah we're now testing 2 destinations with Sim Ring.

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I found a little glitch on VPanel. If you go to the contact list, the dropdown box at the top for showing the primary and secondary lines is very narrow and is empty. I don't know what that's about.

Xponder1
08-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah we're now testing 2 destinations with Sim Ring.

It works for me now.

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 04:53 PM
There are still some other things not mentioned here. We're getting them all in place and will likely make the announcement tomorrow.

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Another request: Now that I've separated my primay and virtual numbers into line1 and line2, I no longer have a distinctive ring option for line2. Would it be possible to include a control for "Default Ring Pattern" for each line? Thanks.

eroomjt
08-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Agree on free international. I have never made a call outside the U.S. in 30 years, o.k. maybe Puerto Rico or Canada. International should be an add on to keep the U.S. calling costs low.

eroomjt
08-20-2009, 05:09 PM
When trying the beta call record, I dial *28nnnnnnnnn and it gives me a busy signal type sound. I will send a ticket in. I just thought it didn't work yet because it is under beta tag in vpanel. Thanks.

usa2k
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Agree on free international. I have never made a call outside the U.S. in 30 years, o.k. maybe Puerto Rico or Canada. International should be an add on to keep the U.S. calling costs low.Ironically, I just saw an add for MetroPCS unlimited international calling for $5 extra a month.

http://www.metropcs.com/world/
Except for Canada, I only call in the USA.

usa2k
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
When trying the beta call record, I dial *28nnnnnnnnn and it gives me a busy signal type sound. I will send a ticket in. I just thought it didn't work yet because it is under beta tag in vpanel. Thanks. Works fine dialing 10 digit numbers for me.
DTMF does not work though.

Also worked dialing *28411# or without # on the end

VOIPoBrandon
08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
*28 will work if you meet the following criteria:

A) You are provisioned using VOIPo's default dial plan.
B) You dial *28 (7,10,11) digit dialing
C) As Usa2k pointed out it'll also ideally work when dialing *28411, or even a custom call route, however this is one of the reasons it is still in BETA.

Also please ensure you are dialing the complete number without any pause, i.e. *288005558355.

I've noticed with a couple of people that have said it is not working, yet they are receiving a busy signal that their network traces are simply showing *28 as the destination for their call, which most likely means they are dialing too slow, or need the time increased to dial these phone numbers.

Please take this information into evidence and then further let us know if you are have any continual issues.
________
WWW.FUCKTUB.COM (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Xponder1
08-20-2009, 06:49 PM
*28 will work if you meet the following criteria:

A) You are provisioned using VOIPo's default dial plan.
B) You dial *28 (7,10,11) digit dialing
C) As Usa2k pointed out it'll also ideally work when dialing *28411, or even a custom call route, however this is one of the reasons it is still in BETA.

Also please ensure you are dialing the complete number without any pause, i.e. *288005558355.

I've noticed with a couple of people that have said it is not working, yet they are receiving a busy signal that their network traces are simply showing *28 as the destination for their call, which most likely means they are dialing too slow, or need the time increased to dial these phone numbers.

Please take this information into evidence and then further let us know if you are have any continual issues.

Why not add *28 like you did *67 so it gives you the second high pitch dial tone. Just a thought.

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Why not add *28 like you did *67 so it gives you the second high pitch dial tone. Just a thought.

I think that's generated from the PAP2 since it has *67 functionality in it.

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Regarding the 2nd line feature, when I tried to change the STUN setting of the secondary line to be the same as that of the primary line, it wouldn't accept the change. The volume level for the two lines is NOT the same, but I haven't tried making any changes there. Finally, there is NO network preference setting for the secondary line, which I assume is intentional.

Any guidance as to which settings on the secondary line should be left alone, made the same as the primary line, treated as totally independent, or what?

Brian
08-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Just a tiny thing...the Call History and Features tab are in reverse order on the 2nd line...it really doesn't matter, just a cosmetic thing.

Xponder1
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
I think that's generated from the PAP2 since it has *67 functionality in it.

Tim as I recall the pap2 has a setting that you can put that in all the *codes you want and when you enter a *code listed it gives a higher pitch dial tone and allows you to dial the number. Then it sends the entire line *679994445555 all at once. I will see if I can find the thread where Brandon tested it and found it works.

Edit
Here it is
http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1469&page=3
Look at the last page of responses.

caseydoug
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Just a tiny thing...the Call History and Features tab are in reverse order on the 2nd line...it really doesn't matter, just a cosmetic thing.Hmm. On mine they are the same. Maybe they fixed it?

sommerfeld
08-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I'd feel more excited about new features if the feature I bought the service for (plain old telephone calls) worked better. Outbound calls have been fine. Inbound calls today have mostly failed -- the caller hears rings, and then silence.

It went away after we filed a ticket and the tech told us to power-cycle the adapter, but then it came back again.

I've not seen this failure before today.

VOIPoBrandon
08-21-2009, 02:39 AM
I'd feel more excited about new features if the feature I bought the service for (plain old telephone calls) worked better. Outbound calls have been fine. Inbound calls today have mostly failed -- the caller hears rings, and then silence.

It went away after we filed a ticket and the tech told us to power-cycle the adapter, but then it came back again.

Could you please PM me the Call From numbers and approximate time of call that you have had failed attempts today so I can further look into this for you, thanks!

VOIPoTim
08-21-2009, 06:31 AM

I saw your ticket and replied to it with info just now. Since your calls connect, but the audio isn't getting through, that means the call connects but something is blocking the audio stream. Per the ticket, please setup port forwarding and no SPI firewall is blocking the connections.

That should resolve your issue.

As for why it would happen sometimes and not others...every call uses a random port between 35000 and 65000 so depending on the port used your router may let some through. That is pretty common especially with newer routers that want to "manage" all your traffic for you. In that case port forwarding almost always resolves it.

eroomjt
08-21-2009, 11:53 AM
In the call logs provide Caller ID name (CNAME?).

Also, give option to have Call Log emailed to customer in Excel, TAB, or CSV format. Very nice feature for those of us that like/need to keep records of who we called & who called us. RingCentral offers this, works well, every Sunday Night I get an email for each incoming number.

sommerfeld
08-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I saw your ticket and replied to it with info just now. Since your calls connect, but the audio isn't getting through, that means the call connects but something is blocking the audio stream. Per the ticket, please setup port forwarding and no SPI firewall is blocking the connections.

That should resolve your issue.

I have comcast business internet service with multiple static addresses. the voipo adapter has one of the static addresses. the router's firewall is disabled for all static addresses. this has been working since I installed the service several months ago and just started failing yesterday.

the router configuration is already all the way open; there are no additional packet filtering or firewall settings to disable.

VOIPoTim
08-21-2009, 12:30 PM
I have comcast business internet service with multiple static addresses. the voipo adapter has one of the static addresses. the router's firewall is disabled for all static addresses. this has been working since I installed the service several months ago and just started failing yesterday.

the router configuration is already all the way open; there are no additional packet filtering or firewall settings to disable.

Is it one of the SMC ones? If so, we've seen issues in the past with those where it was doing NAT behind the scenes and basically still proxying the traffic sent to the public IP. What model do you have

sommerfeld
08-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Is it one of the SMC ones? If so, we've seen issues in the past with those where it was doing NAT behind the scenes and basically still proxying the traffic sent to the public IP. What model do you have

SMC model 8014, running firmware version 4.01.20-CCR

from a quick look at TCP traffic from another static ip I don't see sequence numbers or ip identifiers being rewritten -- it's not actually doing anything to the traffic it's allowing through.

followup: it appears that the "internet folk wisdom" on the smc 8014 is to check the "disable smart packet detection" box, which is unchecked by default. I have not been able to find a description of what this option actually does (there's a one-sentence description in a manual I found on dslreports), but there seems to be a unanimous belief that SMC's "smart packet detection" is a bad idea.

followup 2: this may have helped but the problem isn't completely gone -- had another silent call after disabling the feature.

Xponder1
08-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I had a issue with my ATA today and odd as it sounds (to me anyway) removing the second simul ring number fixed it.

VOIPoTim
08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
SMC model 8014, running firmware version 4.01.20-CCR

from a quick look at TCP traffic from another static ip I don't see sequence numbers or ip identifiers being rewritten -- it's not actually doing anything to the traffic it's allowing through.

followup: it appears that the "internet folk wisdom" on the smc 8014 is to check the "disable smart packet detection" box, which is unchecked by default. I have not been able to find a description of what this option actually does (there's a one-sentence description in a manual I found on dslreports), but there seems to be a unanimous belief that SMC's "smart packet detection" is a bad idea.

That could very well be it then. I know it sounds crazy but almost all new routers still filter packets behind the scenes even in DMZ or with only public IPs.

chpalmer
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Seems the soho industry is going towards the idea that end user needs a box to do it for them and away from true bridges. I looked for quite a while for a dsl modem for the office that didn't act as a router (was just a bridge).

Those "cable gateways" are such a pain...

swingler
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
In the call logs provide Caller ID name (CNAME?).

Also, give option to have Call Log emailed to customer in Excel, TAB, or CSV format. Very nice feature for those of us that like/need to keep records of who we called & who called us. RingCentral offers this, works well, every Sunday Night I get an email for each incoming number.

Yes! I have often wished for this one.

usa2k
08-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Hmmm
A call record APP.
The number info augmented by a call notes area.
Or a local APP that grabs the details from VOIPo and lets you add.

(Perhaps more a SOHO business feature than Residential.)

usa2k
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for being a guinea pig :)
I wonder who has been beta testing the automation mechanism?

caseydoug
08-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, I found the functionality on VPanel to change the "cloned" 2nd line and virtual number to a full second line. Pretty cool... although it doesn't seem to be quite implemented yet. I reset the ATA and now my 2nd line is not registering. (although the second line still dials out and both lines ring on a call to either number). ATA Preferences for the 2nd line don't seem to update in VPanel, either (probably because the line isn't registered).

DanCheck the drop-down box on the top of VPanel. What was your cloned line is now a full second line, with its own complete VPanel.

Of all the enhancements, this is the best. The cloned line was a compromise from the two lines I had before, but it introduced problems. My two-line phone system didn't work quite right using the cloned line as Line 2. For example, the CID didn't display properly, since every call had two simultaneous calls coming in. I also had some connection problems that I think were related to the cloned line. Thanks VOIPo!

Edit: I don't see any mention of this feature on the home page. With this feature, you kill the competition.

usa2k
08-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Does the outbound number show the Virtual CID?
Its tied to the main ATA so E911 should be unchanged.

Wondering if the BYOD/Softphone has a separate E911 ... a bit OT.

My preference would be outbound CID choice: L1 main/virtual
My preference would be outbound CID choice: L2 main/virtual
My preference would be inbound CID choice: L2 main/virtual/main&virtual
My preference would be inbound CID choice: L2main/virtual/main&virtual
[check boxes for each line] Just brainstorming ...

EDIT:
One other cool twist would be outbound as virtual when the state/Province called matches :)

usa2k
08-22-2009, 08:59 AM

Ability to set CNAM? And virtual or main number for CID.

caseydoug
08-22-2009, 09:35 AM
The 2nd line in the ATA did finally register, but the operation is still as it's been for the "cloned" line mode, even though VPanel now reflects two separate lines. I expect the new feature isn't quite fully implemented yet...

This is VERY cool! Thanks!

DanMaybe you need to reboot and wait a little longer. The way mine looks is that each VPanel displays a single line: same username and IP address, but different port.

Regarding CID, yes, the second line shows its own CID. You need to stop thinking of this as a Virtual Number. The Virtual Number has been converted into its own line. It is a complete line with a few restrictions (e.g., no BYOD, no ability to convert Virtual Number to second line). In fact, I believe that each line can create its own Virtual Numbers.

usa2k
08-22-2009, 12:19 PM
And a choice of VM so primary can be used?

caseydoug
08-22-2009, 12:54 PM
There are still some other things not mentioned here. We're getting them all in place and will likely make the announcement tomorrow.

That was Thursday. Are we there yet? :)

VOIPoTim
08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Updated call history draft is pushed out. Includes CNAM, better handling of applying custom call routes, export to CSV, etc.

usa2k
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Exception Caught: You are not authorized to view this page!https://secure.voipo.com/call_log
Seconds later, the error is gone.

VOIPoJustin
08-24-2009, 05:29 PM
https://secure.voipo.com/call_log
Seconds later, the error is gone.
It is https://secure.voipo.com/call_history now ;)

usa2k
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
So it is! :)

fisamo
08-24-2009, 06:30 PM
A definite improvement! Now, from your ever-demanding customer... Can you add a command to the call history to add a contact by clicking on the number?

Warus1
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
A definite improvement! Now, from your ever-demanding customer... Can you add a command to the call history to add a contact by clicking on the number?

THAT, would be sweet! Nice catch..

caseydoug
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
A definite improvement! Now, from your ever-demanding customer... Can you add a command to the call history to add a contact by clicking on the number?Double ditto! Or a least a way to import and export the contact list in order to avoid a fairly tedious contact data entry process.

ptrowski
08-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Double ditto! Or a least a way to import and export the contact list in order to avoid a fairly tedious contact data entry process.

This is something I have requested since I have started using Voipo. It would be much easier to be able to click on the name in the call log and set the contact or custom caller ID from the call log.

fisamo
08-25-2009, 10:55 AM
This is something I have requested since I have started using Voipo. It would be much easier to be able to click on the name in the call log and set the contact or custom caller ID from the call log.

Just adding my voice to the choir. :) There was a nice little "+" button in the CallVantage call logs that one could click to add a number to the 'phonebook'. The CNAM info would automatically populate the name space, etc.

VOIPoJustin
08-25-2009, 05:12 PM

There's now an option within the popup to 'Add to Contacts'!

caseydoug
08-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Yay! :)

Thanks.

Warus1
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM

AWESOME!!!! You guys ROCK!!

ptrowski
08-26-2009, 06:53 AM

Thank you!

usa2k
08-26-2009, 07:44 AM
If you leave a field open,
in my case the first time I left "Phone Type" blank,
there is no Contact added, and I did not see an error.

Once ALL fields are used - it works great.
Then in Call History, the custom ID replaces the CID - Awesome

caseydoug
08-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Yes, I noticed the glitch when a field is left open.

Also, if you try to create a new "location" for an existing contact using the Call History -- I believe "Phone Type" in the Call History is intended to populate the "Phone Description" field in the Contacts data base -- what happens is that it creates a new contact, duplicating the existing contact. It does not create a new location for the existing contact.

tritch
08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
I noticed "caller-id" and "mobile" have been added as new features to the vPanel Beta tab. The outgoing CID feature seems straightforward, but what is the mobile phone feature for?

Is the outgoing CID change immediate and does CNAM get transmitted as well? I would like to change it on the fly depending on who I call.

manubit
08-27-2009, 04:05 AM
I noticed "caller-id" and "mobile" have been added as new features to the vPanel Beta tab. The outgoing CID feature seems straightforward, but what is the mobile phone feature for?

From my testing, whatever number is added as "Mobile", gets added to the drop-down list of numbers in "Caller-Id". But may be I'm missing something or its really not beta for nothing because I had trouble making calls when caller-id was set to any number other than VOIPo default.

usa2k
08-27-2009, 07:31 AM
One more suggestion about Call History.

For area codes that you know ...
Besides CNAM, perhaps include a State/City field?

Just seems like a bonus item, that adds some flair :)

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Regarding the Virtual/2nd line upgrade, that has worked great for me -- no problems.

Regarding the Beta/Mobile and CID features, I can add mobile numbers on my primary line, but not on my 2nd line. The CID dropdown on both primary and 2nd lines consists of that one number only. I.e., my mobile number is not added to the choice. So these features currently do nothing for me.

Regarding the Call History/Add to Contacts feature, I found that I couldn't read the screen unless "Compatibility View" was turned off in my IE8 browser. However, "Compatibility View" needs to be turned on for the Voicemail page to work properly. I wish VPanel could be implemented so that the pages render consistently.

Regarding the Contacts page, there is a problem with the dropdown at the top which is supposed to show your various telephone numbers. It contains no numbers and is very long and narrow. It obviously is calling the wrong dropdown style.

Edit: I also just noticed that on the Call History page, the "Download All History" button works for opening the page, but not for saving it. I can always cut and paste, but I get an error when trying to Save.

VOIPoTim
08-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Some new things in Features - Fax now as well to check out. More details to come in the feature announcement.

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 10:09 AM

Is the outgoing CID change immediate and does CNAM get transmitted as well? I would like to change it on the fly depending on who I call.

A brief description of each is as follows:

Mobile: Allows you to add mobile phone numbers in which they are authorized on your account to send SMS commands to our number in which will allow you to control your account.

Also gives you the ability to "Verify" a phone number, in which you will receive a call to the phone number you are verifying, and simply can do so by dialing the pin code you receive on the page to verify the phone number.

This then will allow you to automatically authenticate yourself into our VOIPo Connect number when you dial in and hit *.

This will also now place the verified phone number as an option to set as your outbound Caller-ID.

From my testing, whatever number is added as "Mobile", gets added to the drop-down list of numbers in "Caller-Id". But may be I'm missing something or its really not beta for nothing because I had trouble making calls when caller-id was set to any number other than VOIPo default.
We've found a slight BUG in this new BETA feature which for was causing issues when making calls. Please retest this feature as this issue should now be resolved, if it is not for you if you could please make the call and private message me a call from + call to + date / time of the call and I will further look into this for you.

Thanks!

usa2k
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Some new things in Features - Fax now as well to check out. More details to come in the feature announcement.

Is this a per-fax charge? Or are you making it free?
Glad you are bringing this back! :)

VOIPoTim
08-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Is the a per-fax charge? Or are you making it free?
Glad you are bringing this back! :)

Outgoing is free for all residential users and Express users with a fax account. Also it confirms the status now for you (busy, failed, succssful, etc)

Incoming has a new option of a "temporary" fax number for one-time fee of $0.99 to receive a quick fax instead of ordering a fax number full-time.

Completely TDM based and does not use VoIP at all.

TomP
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Outgoing is free for all residential users and Express users with a fax account. Also it confirms the status now for you (busy, failed, succssful, etc)

Incoming has a new option of a "temporary" fax number for one-time fee of $0.99 to receive a quick fax instead of ordering a fax number full-time.

Completely TDM based and does not use VoIP at all.

Free outgoing fax - WOOHOO!! Not that I'll use this extensively, but it was one of those "decision points" when considering cutting the POTS cord completely. There is now one less road block for folks thinking about going with VOIPo.

One question though - is there a limit to the number of pages per fax or per day that can be sent?

VOIPoTim
08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Free outgoing fax - WOOHOO!! Not that I'll use this extensively, but it was one of those "decision points" when considering cutting the POTS cord completely. There is now one less road block for folks thinking about going with VOIPo.

One question though - is there a limit to the number of pages per fax or per day that can be sent?

No "hard limit" at this point, but it's designed for residential use, so if there is an issue we'll just be looking at it to see if the usage is consistent with residential usage.

TomP
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
No "hard limit" at this point, but it's designed for residential use, so if there is an issue we'll just be looking at it to see if the usage is consistent with residential usage.

Sounds great! Thanks for adding this!

gbh2o
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
CID seems odd to me. When I first visit Vpanel CID, the only number shown was the 2nd line/VN, which was not my current CID to my knowledge. In fact CID had become my registered first name plus the first 6 characters of my last name as CNAME I guess, and the primary number for the account (strange at best). I clicked on the displayed 2nd line CID and then the drop down listed both numbers. I clicked on my primary number and my CID became my primary number for CNAME as well as for the CNUM portions. The Vpanel display then reverted to the original display with the 2nd line number number listed and with no alternative available in the list.

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 11:55 AM
CID seems odd to me. When I first visit Vpanel CID, the only number shown was the 2nd line/VN, which was not my current CID to my knowledge. In fact CID had become my registered first name plus the first 6 characters of my last name as CNAME I guess, and the primary number for the account (strange at best). I clicked on the displayed 2nd line CID and then the drop down listed both numbers. I clicked on my primary number and my CID became my primary number for CNAME as well as for the CNUM portions. The Vpanel display then reverted to the original display with the 2nd line number number listed and with no alternative available in the list.

The reasoning behind this is because that is your only available option as far as setting your Caller-ID to rather than your regular CID. Once you've changed your default CID, it should then APPEAR in the list (to set it back to DEFAULT).

I admit this may appear a bit confusing as it says "Outbound Caller-ID: [select box] <-- and the default option selected may / may not be your current Caller-ID depending on whether it is defaulting to your default CID (i.e. has never been set) or if it has been set (in which case it should default to what it is set to)

Let me know if this makes a little more sense now, also as for the actual CNAM display a callee may see when receiving a call is dependent on something entirely different such as the Regional CNAM Database (which is queried by using your calling from phone number).

When you are setting Caller-ID all you are doing is changing the phone number appearance that you are calling from, which may/may not yield a different CNAM result depending on what the CNAM database has for that specific phone number on the receiving parties end.

I hope this all makes sense, let us know, thanks!

usa2k
08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Beta=>Caller ID

Perhaps the Primary ID should be in the drop-down too?
Below, you could display the CID being used. (Less confusing)

Especially nice if it could be assigned to Line#1 and Line#2 separately.
I like the idea of both lines always ringing (for me), but sending a Virtual Number, when calling from Line#2.

(Just thinking)

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Also gives you the ability to "Verify" a phone number, in which you will receive a call to the phone number you are verifying, and simply can do so by dialing the pin code you receive on the page to verify the phone number.

Brandon, either I'm not understanding you, or it's not working for me. I already had a couple of mobile numbers listed, but under "Verified" it said "No." So I deleted and recreated them. Am I supposed to get a call on that mobile phone? Am I supposed to see a page with a pin code? Neither is happening.

Also, for my secondary line, I cannot add a mobile phone number at all.

Thanks.

gbh2o
08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
The reasoning behind this is because that is your only available option as far as setting your Caller-ID to rather than your regular CID. Once you've changed your default CID, it should then APPEAR in the list (to set it back to DEFAULT).

I admit this may appear a bit confusing as it says "Outbound Caller-ID: [select box] <-- and the default option selected may / may not be your current Caller-ID depending on whether it is defaulting to your default CID (i.e. has never been set) or if it has been set (in which case it should default to what it is set to)

It would make sense, or be logical I suppose, iff after changing to the 2nd line #, only the primary number were displayed as the option. But I have both numbers displayed/available when I select the 2nd line as CID. When I go back to the 1st line, I again can only see the 2nd line. It's just inconsistent.

Perhaps a better display would be "Outbound Caller-ID may be changed to: [select box]" iff that is what you intend?

manubit
08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Brandon, either I'm not understanding you, or it's not working for me. I already had a couple of mobile numbers listed, but under "Verified" it said "No." So I deleted and recreated them. Am I supposed to get a call on that mobile phone? Am I supposed to see a page with a pin code? Neither is happening.

Click on "No" and you will get a call on that mobile phone and you will see the pin code to enter on answering the call.

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Click on "No" and you will get a call on that mobile phone and you will see the pin code to enter on answering the call.

Thanks. This is a little like finding Easter eggs. :)

manubit
08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
We've found a slight BUG in this new BETA feature which for was causing issues when making calls. Please retest this feature as this issue should now be resolved, if it is not for you if you could please make the call and private message me a call from + call to + date / time of the call and I will further look into this for you.

Thanks Brandon!! Its working fine now.

mrkarron
08-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I would like to set the outgoing caller ID on my second line to transmit my primary number, however that does not seem to be an option.

manubit
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks. This is a little like finding Easter eggs. :)

This feature can also be used to make your Google Voice number as your caller-id. Part of my wish has been granted.

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 12:34 PM
For anyone else who has converted a Virtual Number to a Second Line, are you able to add mobile numbers on the second line? Do you have any CID options available?

Thanks.

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
For anyone else who has converted a Virtual Number to a Second Line, are you able to add mobile numbers on the second line? Do you have any CID options available?

Thanks.Doug,

This is most likely a result of right now we are only allowing unique mobile numbers to be added per account, however one thing we are going to do shortly here is make it so that you can use any numbers accumulative in your linked accounts which will resolve this issue.

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks, Brandon. Just so you know, however, I tried adding my wife's cell phone number to the second line and it wouldn't take either.

Also, I assume you saw my list of glitches earlier in this thread (post #91)

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks, Brandon. Just so you know, however, I tried adding my wife's cell phone number to the second line and it wouldn't take either.

Also, I assume you saw my list of glitches earlier in this thread (post #91)

Very odd -- and this phone number does not exist on any of your linked accounts under Mobile numbers? Mind sending me a PM of this phone number, thanks!

Also yes we will be addressing these issues shortly here, thanks!

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Doh! You're right. I had neglected to delete my wife's number on Line1 before trying to add it on Line2. Sorry.

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Quick Update, we are still addressing other lingering things mentioned in this thread to make the ease of use... well easy.

You may now use/set any phone number between any of your linked accounts as your Outbound Caller-ID.

This includes: trio/express + residential / add on residential upgrade 2nd line / virtual numbers, etc.

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
This is great!

BTW, I just noticed that the SMS control page is gone (features/sms). Does the beta/mobile page completely replace it? It certainly looks the same.

Also, regarding the automatic authentication from a verified phone, what is the call-in number? There is a remote access number, but that doesn't seem to be recognizing my verified cell phone. Is it our own number?

Edit: Oops, I re-read the thread, and we use the VOIPo Connect number. I tried it however and couldn't get through -- "all circuits are busy now."

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Doug,

We had made a quick capacity upgrade -- should now be resolved, let me know if you are still having any further issues, thanks!

VOIPoTim
08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
A few more undiscussed things being wrapped then we should be good to go to announce them all.

Xponder1
08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Brandon perhaps you can clear this up for me. Example
1. You call the VOIPo Connect number
2. You press " * "to login
3. You dial a number to call
4. (It says please wait while we connect you) and the line rings at the number your calling.

What caller ID info should be displayed to the person you are calling?
Is it
A. The number you called VOIPo connect from
B. Your primary VOIPo number
C. The number you selected in caller id in vpanel?

Because for me it is always A and from our conversation I do not think thats how its supposed to work. Even with caller id set to my voipo number its always A

Also, can others confirm this is or is not how it works for you?

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
A few more undiscussed things being wrapped then we should be good to go to announce them all.I've still got my fingers crossed for health care reform. :)

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Brandon perhaps you can clear this up for me. Example
1. You call the VOIPo Connect number
2. You press " * "to login
3. You dial a number to call
4. (It says please wait while we connect you) and the line rings at the number your calling.

What caller ID info should be displayed to the person you are calling?
Is it
A. The number you called VOIPo connect from
B. Your primary VOIPo number
C. The number you selected in caller id in vpanel?

Because for me it is always A and from our conversation I do not think thats how its supposed to work. Even with caller id set to my voipo number its always A

Also, can others confirm this is or is not how it works for you?

Option A) is the correct answer currently, however we will be adjusting this to show option C) shortly here.
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Xponder1, I also get the CID for the phone that is making the call.

Brandon, I tried it and it works great -- no authentication or even identification necessary.

Brian
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Fax number is showing up in my Outbound CallerID selection list. Not sure if it should be?

Brian
08-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Feature suggestion - for the 2nd line, for those of us with multiple accounts that are linked, how about letting us pick the virtual number from either account to link to either adapter? Or would that get too complicated?

VOIPoBrandon
08-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Fax number is showing up in my Outbound CallerID selection list. Not sure if it should be?

This is now fixed.
________
HERBALAIRE (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/herbalaire/)

Xponder1
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I never selected my virtual number so I do not see the options for the second line. Just the tab for it. Is there a fee for this second line? (It's my understanding Vpanel should still remember that I get 1 free virtual number)

Xponder1
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Option A) is the correct answer currently, however we will be adjusting this to show option C) shortly here.

Thank you for clearing that up. It confused me because if you block all caller id and use the *code to unblock for this call it shows your Voipo number instead of the number your calling from.

rcboats24
08-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone having issues entering their mobile number? If I put in my 10 digit mobile number and click add, the screen flashes, but the number is not added. If I prefix the mobile number with 1, the number gets added, but the last digit is cut off.

caseydoug
08-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone having issues entering their mobile number? If I put in my 10 digit mobile number and click add, the screen flashes, but the number is not added. If I prefix the mobile number with 1, the number gets added, but the last digit is cut off.Sounds like you have the same problem I had -- you have the number listed somewhere else on VPanel. For example, I had it listed on VPanel for my primary number so I was unable to add it to my secondary number. If it is listed either place, however, it should work for all your linked VOIPo numbers.

mrkarron
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I would like to set the outgoing caller ID on my second line to transmit my primary number, however that does not seem to be an option.

Thank you.. it now works as expected. I now have only one thing left on my current wish list.. call hunt to my second line if the first is busy or a busy call forward.

usa2k
08-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Call hunt, or at least forward on busy would be great!

usa2k
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I see an extra outbound CID Feature now ...

Is any of the Verified Cell Phone numbers can be selected.
That is cool if its not an Oops! :)

caseydoug
08-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I think that was there yesterday. It would be helpful, however, to have something that shows the current CID, similar to the way the "Preferred VOIPo Server" page works.

usa2k
08-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I agree.

For those using it, does the viewable CID in the drop-down reflect the CID you are using?

I expect the Devices page still shows the primary number?

The 2-Line upgrade like shows two different numbers in Devices?

caseydoug
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
You can tell the current CID because it is the one not listed in the drop-down. It would just be more convenient to see it when you first access the page.

The Devices page shows primarynumber@ipaddress: port1 on the primary number page, and secondarynumber@ipaddress: port2 on the secondary number page.

So yes, two different numbers. With some limited exceptions (e.g., BYOD), it is no different from having two separate accounts. When I signed up for VOIPo, I ported our PSTN number as the primary number and our Lingo number as a Virtual number. The cloned line was frankly always a compromise, and didn't work very well with our two-line phone. With this change, it is not really any different from having the two lines again.

usa2k
08-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Then that really needs improvement!

Just like you set a network preference,
it lists below the actual server.
The Outbound CID should be clearly listed below the Drop-down.
The way it is, people will be thinking its the one displayed.
They will likely be looking frantically for their Main number and it won't be listed.
I predict a possible spike in support calls.

Russell
08-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Then that really needs improvement!

Just like you set a network preference,
it lists below the actual server.
The Outbound CID should be clearly listed below the Drop-down.
The way it is, people will be thinking its the one displayed.
They will likely be looking frantically for their Main number and it won't be listed.
I predict a possible spike in support calls.

Yes, the page could be improved some. After playing with it, you realize real fast how it works. Really cool feature. Kudos to VOIPo.

I'm puzzled my the "Mobile" tab. Why the "mobile" restriction? Seems quite happy to accept my Google Voice number - I guess there's a certain amount of mobility built into it :-).

caseydoug
08-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm puzzled my the "Mobile" tab. Why the "mobile" restriction? Seems quite happy to accept my Google Voice number - I guess there's a certain amount of mobility built into it :-).

Right. "Mobile" because it is away from you VOIPo phone. I believe this is the same tab that used to be labeled "SMS," but now it has many more uses: SMS, CID, VOIPo Connect, etc.

VOIPoJustin
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
You also might find some new outgoing functionality within the Fax tab of a Residential Account, regardless of if you have an incoming fax number with us. ;-)

usa2k
08-29-2009, 12:16 PM

Yes, getting shoved way back in this very thread.
Worth pointing out again :)

Russell
08-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Right. "Mobile" because it is away from you VOIPo phone. I believe this is the same tab that used to be labeled "SMS," but now it has many more uses: SMS, CID, VOIPo Connect, etc.

In some parts of the world, "mobile" == "cell" (US). Perhaps a different term to avoid confusion?

caseydoug
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, this was discussed above - http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?p=13310

Unless you're saying there is yet more . . . ;)

The fax is very nice, because it is one of those features that, while rarely used, is needed when it's needed. And it's one of the few remaining reasons to have POTS.

Speaking of that, have you ever thought of partnering with NextAlarm? They use a PAP2-T to connect your home alarm system to their network for monitoring. Some people might like to use the second port on their VOIPo adapter for this purpose rather than for a second line or a cloned line, and rather than purchasing a whole other adapter at inflated prices from NextAlarm. NextAlarm claims to use special firmware, so that might be a non-starter, but incompatibility with their alarm system is one of the other main reasons that people don't switch to VoIP. I would think that offering alarm support would be a nice enhancement for attracting customers to VOIPo, and that VOIPo might provide a huge new channel for expanding NextAlarm's customer base. Just a thought.

usa2k
08-29-2009, 12:40 PM
In some parts of the world, "mobile" == "cell" (US). Perhaps a different term to avoid confusion?
Cell is likely the main way to use it.
Probably the main intention, too.
In other parts of the world, its unlikely there is a local access number.

bwyatt
08-29-2009, 01:03 PM
I am very impressed with the outgoing fax option. I elected to drop my fax account with another provider and go with voipo, but I had resigned myself to keeping the old fax machine for the rarely time I have to have it. This is exceptional - now I've got complete fax service in and out all through voipo.

usa2k
08-31-2009, 08:29 AM

Completely TDM based and does not use VoIP at all. Can you explain this a little more Tim?

usa2k
08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
1) Get a dedicated toll-free fax number for $4.95/Mo or $36/Yr.

2) If you don't fax much but need to receive a quick one, you can get a temporary fax number for a one-time fee of $0.99. It expires after 24 hours. This works well for most residential users since they may only need to receive a fax 2-3 times a year. Thanks for the better explanation! (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22951571-Re-VOIPo-Mobile-Option-in-Beta) :)

VOIPoTim
08-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Almost ready to announce everything.

Just wrapping up the free international calling text and then we should be ready.

caseydoug
08-31-2009, 10:52 AM
When I click the Incoming Fax drop-down, I see only a selection of toll free numbers. Where is the temporary fax? Do I need to order the number first, and then choose "temporary"?

caseydoug
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
free international calling text

what ???!!!

VOIPoTim
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
When I click the Incoming Fax drop-down, I see only a selection of toll free numbers. Where is the temporary fax? Do I need to order the number first, and then choose "temporary"?

Yeah. Just select a number, then the billing options will appear.

VOIPoTim
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
what ???!!!

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1593

caseydoug
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow! I missed that. Great and thanks!

Brian
08-31-2009, 06:42 PM
So Tim, is this the last announcement, or are there more?

VOIPoTim
08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
So Tim, is this the last announcement, or are there more?

There's always more.

usa2k
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
This thread is not long enough yet :)

So Sprint and Google ... (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23250136-Sprint-to-interface-with-Google-Voice)
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091027006631&newsLang=en

It would be cool if cell companies could forward to VOIPo via cell DND
but Call hunt after VOIPo filtering to a Sprint SIP URL. Perhaps even pass custom CNAM.

Just wild crazy thinking ....
Food for thought ...

ellinj
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I'd still like to see some sort of integration with google voice, but barring that no answer / busy forward would be awesome.