PDA

View Full Version : vPanel Restructuring/Redesign

VOIPoTim
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Guys,

As we continue to add new features, vPanel is getting more and more crowded with the current layout/menu system.

We're planning a redesign and want to get some feedback about how you guys think we could better organize it.

If there are any other panels you guys particularly like the way something is handled in, post a screenshot and let us know why.

JimDog
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see the different options/sections in a menu bar on the left side rather than on the top. I don't use vPanel that often and when I do, I forget which tab has what I'm looking for. I think if you did it vertically rather than horizontally you could either list out all the options or put them in some kind of collapsible menu?

Montano
08-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Keep vPanel the same regardless if it's Residential or Express. I get confused going from one to the other... can't find voicemail in Express.......

usa2k
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
More a feature enhancement.

Call record incoming: Add an enable/disable checkbox.

eroomjt
08-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Make sure it stay's simple enough that you can still see/use it on a mobile device (iPhone, Blackberry) since a lot of us use the voip in conjunction with our mobiles.

eroomjt
08-20-2009, 04:29 PM
I second the slim vertical panel on the left, with the subpanel items across the top, or expanding on the left.

eroomjt
08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry, last one: First page could have quick toggle on/off, and some entry for most common features. Instead of being blank.

usa2k
08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Just thinking ...

Select features to be User and Admin by designating each feature from an Admin login (Kind of like the Zoom ATA does.) That allows a simplified web page for possibly the spouse.

Or lets you clear out the clutter of things you don't use.

ellinj
08-23-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd like to see more documentation or help within the panel itself. For instance when adding a extra cost feature provide me with some details on the cost.

kbuck320
08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I second that motion. Help menus are not "features" -- they are mandatory, and completely lacking on Voipo.

timdh
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I third the motion on documentation/help. I am pretty sure I am missing out on some cool features simply because I take the approach that if I don't know what it does, I don't use it.

bwyatt
08-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I agree that help links would be helpful within the panel. As a new customer, I've either found the answers here: http://www.voipo.com/support.php or through a brief and productive "chat" with support.

Several requests have been accommodated with a manual transaction not yet available through the panel. There appears to be a couple of options that appear, but don't process if you try to use them.

There hasn't been anything I've not had resolved, but I like being able to work it and control it myself through the panel.

txcas
08-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Callcentric's control panel is my favorite by far. Tim get a free account and check it out.