PDA

View Full Version : Virtual number ?/

roehrle
08-29-2009, 08:00 PM
When I call my virtual number from my cell phone to my land line I get a busy signal. I never saw a need for a second number but I thought I would give it a try. Must this number be activated by me before it will work or am I missing something here?? Will this only work if I assign it to my port 2 ??
Also... When I keep getting an un-wanted call and I set it to "Disconnect" , will the phone still ring ? Is there a way to handle these calls without going on the Vpanel?? I am registered with the Don't call thingy but still keep get unsolicited calls.:mad:

usa2k
08-29-2009, 08:23 PM
A virtual number should show under Features=>Virtual Number.
Given that it should ring both lines of your PAP2T.
It will only ring Line2 if you do the 2-line upgrade.

Sounds like something is not right yet and a ticket is in order.
Mine was issued long ago and it just always worked.

caseydoug
08-30-2009, 12:29 AM
When I call my virtual number from my cell phone to my land line I get a busy signal. I never saw a need for a second number but I thought I would give it a try. Must this number be activated by me before it will work or am I missing something here?? Will this only work if I assign it to my port 2 ??
Also... When I keep getting an un-wanted call and I set it to "Disconnect" , will the phone still ring ? Is there a way to handle these calls without going on the Vpanel?? I am registered with the Don't call thingy but still keep get unsolicited calls.:mad:

Regarding your virtual number, I would put in a ticket. It should ring your phone whether or not you have anything connected to port 2. If your phone rings normally when your primary number is called but doesn't ring when your virtual number is called, something is wrong in the setup that only support can fix. The reason for having a phone connected to line 2, by the way, is so that you can have independent simultaneous inbound and outbound calling. If you don't have a phone connected to line 2, the virtual number rings in the same as call waiting.

Regarding call blocking, I believe you can use the star codes, which are explained in the sticky thread at the start of this forum.

voipinit
08-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Must this number be activated by me before it will work or am I missing something here??
No, you are not missing something, it should ring.

Will this only work if I assign it to my port 2 ??
No, with either port it should ring unless you have the 2nd line upgrade option, then only with the phone connected to the defined port will you hear ringing, but even with no phone connected the caller should hear ringing on their end. As others have said, submit a ticket.

Also... When I keep getting an un-wanted call and I set it to "Disconnect" , will the phone still ring ?
No, that number will be blocked and the phone will not ring. It will still show up in call history, however.

Is there a way to handle these calls without going on the Vpanel??
At some point it has to get into call routes, I have always added it in Vpanel. Check out *27, it is blacklist which is different from disconnect, but when blacklisted the phone won't ring. I have never used *27, so can't say, give it a try.

VOIPoTim
08-30-2009, 09:00 AM
How long ago did you activate it?

New numbers can take 1-2 hours to be activated/begin routing to us from our carriers.

roehrle
08-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure about this but I think I tried the virtual number when I first got it but never saw a use for it. I was thinking about using my second port for the virtual but it really doesn't make sense for me because my wife uses the phone most of the time. I do most of my communicating my email. Just wondering if I would lose it if I don't do something about getting it to work properly. I might think of a use for it in the future.