PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo Review

Warus1
08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I'd like to add my 2 cents in as well.

When ATT announced they would be discontinuing their Callvantage service, I began my search for a replacement. I had been a customer since Callvantage began. It was a solid service after the first year, and I knew it would be hard to beat.

While lurking in the backgrounds on DSLR I noticed Fisamo & NY Tel Guy talking about VOIPO, then Fisamo announced he had switched over to VOIPO.

Knowing these guys from the past few years of reading their posts, I knew I had to check it out. Boy I'm glad I did.

I signed up and received my TA in just a coupe days. I read the installation instructions and laughed. It actually said, just plug it in and within 3-5 mins you'll be up and running..

A big company like AT&T could never manage this feat, you always had to call customer service when you got a new TA, it never worked the first time behind the router, and then you had to testify that you had not moved and your E-911 was still correct. Usually a 30-1 hrs process depending on how many times you had to re-boot the TA to get all the updates.

I said, what the heck, I know the drill.. and then plugged in the VOIPO TA behind the firewall, just to prove myself right. Imagine my surprise when 3 mins later my TA indicated that I was good to go, I was completely blown away when I actually got a dial tone!

No fuss, no muss.. it just WORKS!

Your guys are awesome, and to Fisamo & NY Tel Guy and BIG THANKS for blazing the trail.

I am a now former Callvantage.Att customer and very happy I'm here at Voipo. ;D

fisamo
08-31-2009, 10:57 AM
I'd like to add my 2 cents in as well.

... [snip] ...
While lurking in the backgrounds on DSLR I noticed Fisamo & NY Tel Guy talking about VOIPO, then Fisamo announced he had switched over to VOIPO.

Knowing these guys from the past few years of reading their posts, I knew I had to check it out. Boy I'm glad I did.

... [snip] ...

Your guys are awesome, and to Fisamo & NY Tel Guy and BIG THANKS for blazing the trail.

I am a now former Callvantage.Att customer and very happy I'm here at Voipo. ;D

So if the WAF takes a hit, please don't focus your rage on NY Tel and me. :eek:

Seriously, my wife mostly hasn't even noticed the difference, except that I told her she no longer needs to dial all 10 digits for every call. :) We've had a few more phone-related hiccups than we did with CallVantage, but that's mostly due to my insisting on the BYOD thing (running Asterisk for my home phones).

Warus1
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
ditto, passes the wife test here also..

TIM, maybe that could be the new company slogan.. VOIPO, passes the wife test.. :cool:

mrkarron
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
ditto, passes the wife test here also..

TIM, maybe that could be the new company slogan.. VOPIO, passes the wife test.. :cool:

Same here.. the wife has not noticed that I made the switch from a POTS line three months ago.