PDA

View Full Version : Free International Calling with Residential Plans

VOIPoTim
08-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Based on feedback from customers, we've enhanced our international calling options.

While some providers offer unlimited international calling, this is factored into their base pricing. As an example, with the Vonage World plan, you pay $24.95/Monthly compared to $8.25/Monthly with VOIPo. In order to save money, you'd typically need to have over 25 hours of international calls each month depending on where you call. Since the average customers that uses international calling only really makes a few quick international calls each month, we wanted to offer a more convenient option that will still allow significant savings.

As a result, we're excited to announce a new International Addon.

This addon gives you 60 minutes of free international calling each calendar month (select destinations only).

Destinations Included (Landlines Only)

Argentina – Buenos Aires
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil – Rio de Janeiro
China
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Mexico – Mexico City
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
Russia – Moscow
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
UK
Venezuela – Caracas
Chile
Israel
Puerto Rico

FREE for Existing Accounts

This addon has been added to all existing residential accounts for free.

FREE with Current Promotion; Limited Time Offer
For a limited time, this addon is included in the current promotion for new signups, but we don't expect to offer it long-term.

Once it's added to an account the account will have it until its canceled even if we stop offering it with new promotions for new signups.

Availability

This takes effect tomorrow, September 1st.

Lower International Rates

After 60 minutes, normal rates apply. In addition, we will be posting updated international rates later this week with significantly lower rates to nearly all destinations.

If you have any questions, please contact us. Happy Calling!

GoPack27
08-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Nice addition!

burris
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Quite generous....Thank You..

TomP
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Excellent! Much better deal than the Vonage one since you don't penalize everyone with higher rates when the typical user int'l call volume will be low.

Good timing too as my parents will be visiting China in the near future! Thanks again!

mdlawler
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Will there be a quick way in vpanel to see how many international minutes have been used for the current month or even better could the system detect that you are out of the free 60 minutes when placing a call and warn you before connecting the call that it is going beyond the free alotment of minutes for that month?

sr98user
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Tim,

You have not mentioned any restriction regarding land line or cell phone number. Are both included? I know the rates for some of the cell phone numbers are expensive depending on the country you are calling.

VOIPoTim
08-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Tim,

You have not mentioned any restriction regarding land line or cell phone number. Are both included? I know the rates for some of the cell phone numbers are expensive depending on the country you are calling.

It's landline only. I'll clarify in post as well.

Brian
08-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow Tim, you're really trying to come up with every possible reason someone would have to use another provider, and address the issue. Yet another awesome feature :)

Xponder1
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I wont use this but it nice anyway. Thanks Tim

sal
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Excellent. This will render my SPA1001 obsolete. ;)

caseydoug
08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Fantastic! Does this work with VOIPo Connect?

Warus1
08-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Yet another reason I'm glad I made the switch! Thanks Tim

usa2k
08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Fantastic! Does this work with VOIPo Connect?

Right now Connect has international disabled while in Alpha.

As it gets pushed live and goes out of Alpha into Beta, we do plan to enable international on it so it can be used to make low cost international calls (including the 60 free minutes) from cell phones.http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22954016-Re-VOIPo-Cool-News-60-minutes-a-month-international-addon

Just to complete the question :)

ritvoipo
09-01-2009, 06:51 AM
This is a great addition..wish India too was one of the countries.

ritvoipo
09-01-2009, 06:58 AM
Also.. looking forward to the lower international rates... that coupled with the great service and all the new features... Awesome :)

varaonaid
09-01-2009, 01:42 PM
This is just awesome. We only make a few international calls so it won't be a feature we use often but it's such a great value. You guys continue to make us glad we made the switch to Voipo. Thanks so much!

Wicho
09-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Nice feature, it's a shame my country (Guatemala) it is not included :(