PDA

View Full Version : Strange CNAM on incoming calls

burris
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Has anyone else experienced this?

Just received a call from CT. and the CNAM was 786 422-7324.

The exchange is out of Miami but the call was from a completely different number in CT. The call logs even shows the caller number as the 786 number.

When I try to call the 786 back, I get all ckts busy..

VOIPoBrandon
09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Possibly a telemarketing call received, I know a lot of telemaraketing companies with dialers that send calls out in no orderly fashion except they try and make the appearance that the call is local, except without using any valid physical source phone number.

burris
09-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Possibly a telemarketing call received, I know a lot of telemaraketing companies with dialers that send calls out in no orderly fashion except they try and make the appearance that the call is local, except without using any valid physical source phone number.

I'm not sure I made myself clear. I know the types of calls you are referring to, but this was a real call.

I received a call from a relative in another state that I expected and answered and spoke with. The CNAM that came with that call was a Miami local exchange number and when you call it says all circuits are busy.

The VOIPo call log shows the 786 number, but that can't be correct, as the call was expected and was answered and was correct. The real call came from 860-762-xxxx and we spoke.