PDA

View Full Version : Call History

voipinit
09-03-2009, 03:54 AM
The date range (under search range) asks for the start and stop date under the last 30 days drop down instead of the date range drop down. The date range drop down comes up blank.

caseydoug
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Good catch!

myvoip07
09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah i faced the same issues earlier today as i wanted to search for a Doc contact# i called a little over then 30 days.

VOIPoJustin
09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
This should be working correctly now. Additionally, for the time being you can still search for a range larger than 30 days. Sometime in the future we will be allowing only searches on the last 30 days, with the option to export previous months records.

voipinit
09-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks Justin!

Limiting searches to 30 days sounds good to me since the history can be downloaded.

caseydoug
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks Justin!

Limiting searches to 30 days sounds good to me since the history can be downloaded.

I agree However, as I noted earlier, the download button doesn't work properly. When I try to "Save," I get an error message stating that the site is either not available or cannot be found. I can "Open" then copy and paste, however.

tritch
09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Call history is blank now. No history at all. It looks like the programming change has screwed something up.

Vumes
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Just checked mine and all is fine.

VOIPoJustin
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Call history is blank now. No history at all.

The default view was temporarily switched from 7 days to 'Yesterday', which probably gave that impression for you. The past 7 days has been restored as the 'default' view when you load the page.

tritch
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
The default view was temporarily switched from 7 days to 'Yesterday', which probably gave that impression for you. The past 7 days has been restored as the 'default' view when you load the page.

Yes, that has fixed the problem. Thanks

voipinit
09-09-2009, 03:57 AM
When I try to "Save," I get an error message stating that the site is either not available or cannot be found. I can "Open" then copy and paste, however.

I am not having a problem with the downloading. The file gets saved and for me opens in Excel, no copying and pasting required. I downloaded 3 months and each month is a separate file that I can open (again in Excel).

caseydoug
09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
I am not having a problem with the downloading. The file gets saved and for me opens in Excel, no copying and pasting required. I downloaded 3 months and each month is a separate file that I can open (again in Excel).

Maybe it's my browser. Now I'm not even getting the ability to copy and paste. When I Save in IE8, I get an error. When I Open, I get a screen with the database headers (date, from, start time, duration), but no data. When I open in Chrome, it does download to an Excel spreadsheet, but there is no data in it.

I'll have to look into this when I have more time.

Warus1
09-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe it's my browser. Now I'm not even getting the ability to copy and paste. When I Save in IE8, I get an error. When I Open, I get a screen with the database headers (date, from, start time, duration), but no data. When I open in Chrome, it does download to an Excel spreadsheet, but there is no data in it.

I'll have to look into this when I have more time.

I too had the no data issue when downloading Current month data, but if I selected a previous month, all was well. (also using CHROME)

caseydoug
09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I too had the no data issue when downloading Current month data, but if I selected a previous month, all was well. (also using CHROME)

Thanks. That worked. But I still have a problem with IE8. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with my particular installation of IE8. A lot of things don't work right. For example, just to the right of where I'm typing now in the "Reply to Thread" window, most of the Smilies show little x's instead of the graphic emoticons that are supposed to display. Also, as I have mentioned before, some features on VPanel work properly only with "Compatibility View" turned on, while others work properly only with "Compatibility View" turned off. Maybe I need to reinstall the browser (or just use a different one).

As I recall, I'll need a court order to uninstall IE8. ;)

VOIPoJustin
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with my particular installation of IE8. A lot of things don't work right.

There's a handful of nuances and changes in IE8 that cause a bit of havoc on particular styles of previously developed (and working) java-script and other miscellaneous html/css standards.

You'll see a lot of websites get a bit wacky under IE8 (thus the whole reason they included the little 'compatibility mode'). Usually there's just a few quick syntactical changes necessary from a web development perspective; however, there are certain things that would force substantial updates to maximize compatibility.

With regards to VOIPo and the Call History Export, IE likes to rename the dynamically generated file right before saving for 'additional security,' hence when you try to save the file under the browser, it's looking for a non-existent filename (opening the file on the other hand, should be fine). We're working on getting this completely cross browser/version complaint, as well as any other vPanel features or functions which seem to perform differently than intended on all mainstream browser variants.

caseydoug
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Justin. It's only a minor annoyance -- I rarely download Call History, and when I do, it is no hardship to switch browsers. But I appreciate the explanation so that I won't reinstall the browser, since that would be a hassle.

If you need a recap of the things I found that don't work properly, just let me know.

burris
09-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Justin. It's only a minor annoyance -- I rarely download Call History, and when I do, it is no hardship to switch browsers. But I appreciate the explanation so that I won't reinstall the browser, since that would be a hassle.

If you need a recap of the things I found that don't work properly, just let me know.

Have you tried Revo uninstall program to see if can kill the monster??

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Revo-Uninstaller/1180616005/1

caseydoug
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Have you tried Revo uninstall program to see if can kill the monster??

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Revo-Uninstaller/1180616005/1No, I haven't, but thanks for the tip. IE is generally not that much of a problem -- only the VOIPo sites give me trouble -- so it probably isn't worth the effort.

The computer I mainly use does run slow, but then it's a six-year-old laptop with a slow processor, inadequate ram, and a nearly full hard drive. I think I know the solution. :)

FarmerMike
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I cannot download the call history - all I get is a 38 byte file with the column headers. I am using Firefox on Kubuntu Linux. I have to use windows for work, but MY time is in Linux;) So anybody else having DL problems ? It would be nice to see a total minutes on cthe call history view.

VOIPoJustin
10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
We've made a few adjustments to the download history button functionality -- interested to hear if this feature is working more reliably for some of you. Thanks!