PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to have a new open ticket for 2 days?

gls101
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
As the title says, is it normal to have a two day period without a response to a new ticket?

I opened ticket LZY-308020 late on 9/3. (I realize it hasn't been a full two days - more like one and a half, but I'm concerned this won't get worked until after the labor Day holiday)

This is new service and I'm having a strange problem - the outgoing CID (and occasionally the inbound CID) intermittently shows an incorrect wrong number to the called party. It's always the same number, from a nearby community.

If I call from one TA port to the other, it will almost ALWAYS display the same incorrect number.

I've even seen the same number appear on INBOUND calls to the Voipo service from outside callers in a few occurrences.

We're having other random problems also, but I'm attacking them one at a time, rather than dumping all at once.

Gary

VOIPoBrandon
09-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Gary,

I do apologize for the delay in response. I will be looking over this ticket shortly here and give you an update. However your saying when you call from one line to the other the Caller-ID is altered on the same ATA? I could see a potential issue if you were possibly calling a phone number as restricted where sometimes the receiving party may alter the incoming Caller-ID, however a VOIPo to VOIPo call is completely internal, in which we would not do any Caller-ID changes aside from what you have setup for contact routes, etc. Stay tuned, thanks!
________
Ford fusion (americas) picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Fusion_(Americas))

VOIPoTim
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Tier I tickets are usually answered very quickly.

In terms of Tier II and escalated tickets that require engineers, the response time does vary since typically and can vary from hours up to a week in some cases since they involve communication/troubleshooting with third-party carriers, programming changes, and things that regular support engineers aren't able to address.

gls101
09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
As the title says, is it normal to have a two day period without a response to a new ticket?

I opened ticket LZY-308020 late on 9/3. (I realize it hasn't been a full two days - more like one and a half, but I'm concerned this won't get worked until after the labor Day holiday)

I don't know who dropped the ball, but this ticket is still open, and hasn't been worked yet.

Brandon called Friday evening, but there was nothing that could be done then, as I was out for dinner (The call was forwarded to my cell). As instructed, I left a message on the Ticket system when I got back home (about 6:50PM EDT) saying I was available for testing, but was never contacted.

I sent another message this morning saying I'd be available after 4PM - still no contact.

I'm running out of time, because I have to port my phone number from AT&T CV VERY shortly, but I don't want to do it until I have a properly working phone line to evaluate.

Gary

VOIPoTim
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
In this situation, it sounds like we're waiting to hear back from an upstream carrier. Our system doesn't modify the Caller ID in any way so it sounds like we're passing the correct CID info and the carriers delivering the calls are changing it so it could take a while to hear back from them.

If it would be a fix on our end it would be a lot quicker, but sometimes other carriers do respond kind of slowly.

I'll look up the ticket and have someone call you with an update.

gls101
09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Just a quick update. Through testing with Brandon yesterday, it was determined that this is NOT a problem caused by Voipo.

I have my existing ATTCV number forwarded to my Voipo number while evaluating Voipo as a replacement. It seems that every time a Private (as in, the caller is not allowing CID to be sent) call is received via the CV number, CV or some other intermediary carrier is inserting a fake CID number. It's always the same number, and it is 1 DIGIT AWAY from the CV "Control By Phone" number! It's truly bizarre! The same call placed directly to the Voipo number works correctly.

Brandon Is escalating to AT&T, trying to find out what's going on, but I suspect they won't be very motivated to do anything about it, since they won't be around much longer.

So this particular "problem" isn't.

I do have one other critical issue, which I'll save for another thread.

Much thanks to Brandon for your patience and troubleshooting skills. They are recognized and appreciated.

Gary

fisamo
09-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear that things are going well overall. That's an odd situation, though, as I don't recall hearing any other CV customers having such an issue. (As a CV refugee myself, I can say that I didn't notice that issue.) Then again, I don't get many 'private' calls...

Warus1
09-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Glad to hear that things are going well overall. That's an odd situation, though, as I don't recall hearing any other CV customers having such an issue. (As a CV refugee myself, I can say that I didn't notice that issue.) Then again, I don't get many 'private' calls...

FWIW: Ditto, CV refugee, not many private calls.. have not noticed the issue

gls101
09-12-2009, 09:44 AM

After I port to Voipo I suspect I won't see the problem any longer.

It seems to be caused by CV forwarding to Voipo. CV is modifying the CID data before routing the call.

After porting, the call data wouldn't be under CV's control, thus not subject to CV modification, so I think the "problem" will simply disappear. (I hope :) )

Gary

fisamo
09-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Agreed. I meant while I was waiting for my number to port. :) (And during that pre-port request phase when I was simply forwarding the CV number to Voipo)